Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Im new to the forum and a new CBR600rr owner, what things should I check on my 2003? Wear points? Service that may have been neglected? Etc. Any unique issues in this model/year? Anyone have link to an owners manual? Also am looking to buy individual fairings pieces, cant seem to find the piece thats missing, the left side (small triangle fairing piece) under the tank that covers the tail light wiring. Im in Canada. Also going to replace the hand grips, anyone done this? I have a set of blue ones that came with the bike but there are no instructions with it. Thanks, look forward to being a part of the community.

·
Registered
41 Posts
it seems that when i ride mine i become aware of something small that needs doing, so i reckon if its a runner just ride it and see, they are pretty reliable but they do throw stuff at you that needs tweaking

today tightened the top mount and took a few mm of slack out of throttle cable, small but better no end

·
Registered
432 Posts
Fluids flush would be one of the first things I would do: coolant (do that during the valve clearance check, air filter and plugs look at those too), brake fluid, fork oil, shock service. Final drive (chain & sprockets), you wanna do a run up on that too. Clutch cable, adjust that to proper specs. General point lubrication: cables, levers, etc. Swingarm service, maybe worth having a look at. Brake hardware (hanger pins, bushings, seals, etc.) definitely check those out. Wheel alignment check that too. And of course suspension settings also.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Welcome!

What's the mileage? You can find every part for your bike either on Partzilla, bike and it, or any local dealer site that sells parts. You can use their online system to find your specific parts.

I do have the paperback manual that I can sell back if you're interested.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you ever have issues with frying the regulator rectifier because it sits right next to the headers you can remount it under the seat above the rear wheel. Doing a quick search will get you filled in. It's a must in my opinion for the 03-04 years never had a problem since. did it to both mine and my brother's bikes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you ever have issues with frying the regulator rectifier because it sits right next to the headers you can remount it under the seat above the rear wheel. Doing a quick search will get you filled in. It's a must in my opinion for the 03-04 years never had a problem since. did it to both mine and my brother's bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts