Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, new to the site, been reading posts for about
a month learning a lot, and just got my bike a little
over a month ago. Its an 03" CBR 600RR obviously,
and i think i got a good deal on it. But i noticed a nick
in the frame and knew that a damaged frame is a totaled bike,
but didn't think that any flaw or imperfection was considered
a totaled bike, i have clear title and all but figured i show you
guys a pic of it. Hopefully the pic works, i've never done this before. Yea sorry about that huge pic. ******* The frame is straight had it checked out, what happened was he dropped it leaving a gas station, hit some gravel it went down and he wasn't going very fast. But he said the handle bars hit. I guess he replaced them because I cant see how that would happen I mean its close and I can see where its possible but not with out the handle bars breaking. all plastics on right side replaced just this nick. it doesn't look bad and bike drives fine just wondering what you guys think. I didn't think that was repairable but if you know of something i'll definately look into it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Size of a dome eh! I dunno, looks like they dropped it on something!

Before I buy a used bike I would always inspect the entire thing from Tail to front!

So as long as you do not feel anything wrong with the bike it could just be a really hard pressed dent.

There is a guy in Michigan that Does Fram Checks and even straightening, but that might be a little far for ya!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for the replies, yea i fixed the pic, now it looks a little small, oh well. all it is, is a hard pressed dent

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
It may be a straight frame today, but the structural integrity of it could be compromised. However, the frame is strong as hell and quite possibly it will not be an issue ever for you or anyone else who may own it in the future. If an insurance company had that in a list of damages most likely it would be totaled. They total bikes for lame reasons though. Rest assured, that bar got smacked hard to break it from its mount and cause that damage. I don't think it was a simple drop leaving a gas station.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would get that filled somehow. Something that does not expand to much after it sets. Then just paint over it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Looks like a decent ding. Is the frame creased near that point? If it is creased that would have greater impact on the structural integrity of the frame than just a dent.

I agree that it doesn't look like a drop in a lot. Maybe he dropped it on the steel curb at the pump.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
i have noclue on how that would even happen it look like some one hit it with a ball peen hammer. if its not by a weld thenn i dont think that it harm the integraty and strength of th bike you said the fram is stright then run with it be safe and enjoy your ride. i do think you should check on it from time to time thow...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts