Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm a UK guy looking to return to riding after a 9 year break and I'm planning to start back on a 600. In my previous stint I rode a NS125R, VFR400, GSXR600, finishing up on a '99 YZF-R1.

When looking for my first bike back, my wishlist (that lead to me considering a CBR600RR) is as follows:

- 600 SuperSports
- Very exciting (it's for sunny weekends only)
- Some sort of classic status (rather than the latest and greatest)
- Good value and reliable, but easy to work on

I remember being blown away at the launch of the '03 CBR600RR. I loved the red, black, silver combination, under-seat exhaust and the fact it looked exactly like Rossi's summer testing RCV211V.

So I'm on the hunt for a mint condition, unmodified, red, black & silver 03-06 CBR600RR with very low mileage that I can ride and pamper. It seems that the Red & Black was only available in the UK on 03-04 models (with 05-06 introducing red/purple which I don't like) so I'm probably going to have to forego the USD forks and radial brakes. Anyone an expert on the UK model years/colours who can confirm?

Lastly - thoughts? opinions? Good choice or should I be looking at a different model year?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMHO, look at the 07+ years, they're a lighter and faster CBR.
Thanks - to be honest, lighter or faster aren't hugely important to me right now (and if I get a red one, they're faster anyway right? :laugh:)

I'm more interested in the look I like (03-06, Red, Black and Silver) and something that has a bit of 'modern classic' about it. Is the 07+ more highly regarded as the definitive CBR600 than the 03-06 in that sense?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Can't say, as I've never had the opportunity for a comparo........07-8 has a better high rpm hp ecu and the 09-12 has a bit more mid range power.

07-8 was the 2nd generation of the cbr 600 rr model, and did have some major refinements of the concept.

07-19 is essentially the same bike, but they changed to BPF front suspension setup in 2013 (IIRC?)

HTH

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought I'd do a small update,

After a lot of searching I've bought an absolutely box-fresh 2004 in Red/Black with only 3,100 miles on it. It's had four owners who each have done a few hundred sunny miles a year.

Doesn't get delivered until next week but it's bought and paid for. Roll on next week!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts