Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just signed up today. My name is Kareem, I live in Dubai. It's nice to see that there are lots of people from the middle east here. I currently have a zrr400 that I'm selling and in around a weeks time I will either get a black 2005 cbr or a black and red gsxr. Nice to be a part of this forum.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Welcome man! Lots of good info here

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I am most likely going to get the cbr so don't flame me yet. Biking over here is great fun. It's just the heat that causes a problem. I think we have at least 5months where it is impossible to ride.

C

·
0 Posts
Welcome....I lived in Bahrain for 2 years, and I have to agree the heat is unbearable. And it doesnt get any better at night, because the humidity is so bad you can almost swim in the air. Anyway...get the CBR, your better off for it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just saw your post. There are a limited few from the Middle East yeah. Welcome to the site... Im from Bahrain. And yes, everything crotch pilot said is true about Bahrain :p

I think everyone agrees with me here when I say location or not, we're all here to help.
(assuming ofcourse you're taking the Gixxer pic off) j/k

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sorry guys but the gixxer pic will not be removed ;). I was about to get one but their all sold out over here so I'm waiting untill october to get the 2006 model. It will have the present 1000 looks and a new engine so should be worth the wait. Mad Arab do you pass by Riyadh at all? I'm there right now and I really miss riding a bike, you wouldn't happen to know where I can rent a bike in Riyadh would you?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Man you don't want a gixxer, you know they just fall apart at the welding!!! lol j/k dude, welcome to the forum... the fun has just begun (especially with that avatar of yours).

·
Registered
626 Posts
Uh yeah. Dont!
Saudis have a very 'different' style of driving. I dislike driving there in an armored jeep.. nevermind a bike. Seriously. Besides, its too hot dont u think? I know its getting pretty bad here.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hell yea it's hot in here, and your right about the way they drive. They aren't familiar with the stick on the left of the steering is for. Don't stop at red lights and go double the speed limit. But lucky for me I'm only here for a week as I'm on vacation. It's just that I miss riding real bad and I feel like renting a bike for a day. The heat won't stop me from riding ;) I'll be taking a shower every time I stop with my own sweat but I'm willing to take my chances. Plus it's not too bad at night :D.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Fire_Eyes said:
The heat won't stop me from riding ;) I'll be taking a shower every time I stop with my own sweat but I'm willing to take my chances.
Dude... that's way more than I wanted to hear.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts