Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a red/black 07 600rr. i'm planning to get an HID kit for it but can't decide on what color to go..? i like the super whites ( 6000k)... but i'm not sure if it would look good on the red/black... Any suggestions or input would be appreciated... thanx..

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I have a red/black 07 600rr. i'm planning to get an HID kit for it but can't decide on what color to go..? i like the super whites ( 6000k)... but i'm not sure if it would look good on the red/black... Any suggestions or input would be appreciated... thanx..
Well. 6000k is not "Super White" It's actually Crystal White Meaning there's blue in there. OEM HID color is 4300k. BTW IMO HID's look good on any color ;) I have 5000k on my white bike.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Eh. I'd say go to a bike night and see some bikes with HID's first hand. Youtube does no justice to color. Believe me
how would white light not look good on any color bike? its not like ur planning on going 10k or more to be worrying about what looks bad. youtube this stuff to see the real color and make a decision.

·
Registered
263 Posts
yup 6000k is the way to go!

·
Registered
157 Posts
6000K is a great choice. I have them on my red/blk/silver 07rr. Looks sweet, my friends all have 6k, they look good on any bike any color that ive seen.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
6000K is the way to go. It provides a great amount of usable light output but you still get that tint of blue at the same time. I just installed a new set in the Supra :icon_lol:

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I must be the only one that thinks blue tint looks ghetto (because those fakie 'xenon' halogen lights are all nasty blue). The only way to get Audi/BMW purple/blue is to have projectors with special ground glass around the circumphrence. 4300k for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i wouldnt say you lose lumens, it just intensifies the color of the bulb. the actual lumens stay the same and the kelvin goes higher!
I'm pretty sure that the higher the kelvin the less the light output is, but the color gets more purple.

-Eric

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
i wouldnt say you lose lumens, it just intensifies the color of the bulb. the actual lumens stay the same and the kelvin goes higher!
Hate to burst your bubble but you have it all wrong.

This should give you a rough idea how the light output (Lumens) relates to the temperature (Kalvin)

·
Registered
7,045 Posts

This should give you a rough idea how the light output (Lumens) relates to the temperature (Kalvin)
Also note, when you buy a HID kit, all 'color' bulbs are the same 35W piece, they just tint the bulb glass more and more blue to fake the 'blue' look. The bulb is *not* burning hotter. The tint is what cuts down on the lumens (and looks cheap)

·
Premium Member
838 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Nice info.. I want to be able to use all the light I can get.. I also want that halogen feel.. Now I have to decide between the 4300 and the 6000k.. My friend has the 6000k and it looks awesome but he has white bike.. I don't think that blueish tint wud go with the red on my bike .. I think the 4300 is a safer bet..

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I had the 6000k and they were great... but they're just a touch blue which makes the 3rd eye look off and yellow by comparison.

If I was to do it again I'd go for the 5000k because it appears to be the closest match to the 3rd eye and looks a little better than 6000K's if you ask me.

·
Registered
593 Posts
had the same bike with 8000k and it was great at night...and very eye catching in the day....im not sue what you mean as to what it will look like and referring to your red and black bike??makes no sense unless you thing headlights night not match your sense of decor??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts