Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my HID kit today.
But ran into one problem. When I turn the bike on the bulb just flickers and just turns off.
Any ideas on what could cause this?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no brand on it. I bought it used from another board.
To hook it up I just plugged everything in where is fit.
The light worked for a bit. Then I turned the bike off and the next time I wa going to start it it just flickered.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
usually not enough current going to the ballast/ignitor.

make sure it is not a defective unit, and connect it directly to the battery and see if it does the same thing. If it comes on and stays on, reconnect it to the headlight wiring and check your connections to make sure they are good.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just out trouble shootng all the wires. Tuns out the one wire going from bulb to ballast had a loose conection in the clips. I took it apart and rewired it all and now it fires up great.
Almost seems to good. I was looking at the light, now I can't see what to type.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
good to see you found the problem

JoshRambo said:
I was just out trouble shootng all the wires. Tuns out the one wire going from bulb to ballast had a loose conection in the clips. I took it apart and rewired it all and now it fires up great.
Almost seems to good.
ah, the old "let's see how bright they really are" lol had trouble finding the tools to finish the job when I did mine... damn spots!

JoshRambo said:
I was looking at the light, now I can't see what to type.

·
Registered
458 Posts
one more question what is the difference between HID kits i see some go for 400 500 and some go for less then 200 is the saying u get what u pay for true in this case
sorry for high jacking

C

·
0 Posts
You don't need to take off the front to install HID's. The more expensive brands are like Phillips/ Hella. The ballasts are bigger and they are an older unit. The ignitor is also built into them. Some of the other aftermarket ones have the ignitor separate.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
my HIDs are McCulloch, about $200 ish shipped for both sides. They work great, seperate ignitor, and I did not take the fairing off to do the install. HTH

·
Registered
458 Posts
is the ignitor the silver box?? where did u guys put the box im not sure where i could put them i got both sides so there are two boxes

·
Registered
469 Posts
the silver box is the ignitor and ballast. I mounted mine inbetween the fairing stay, i'm not sure where you would mount the other one.. you could probably fit both of them inbetween the headlights

1 - 13 of 13 Posts