Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about to install my 35w 5000k dual HID kit(one for hi/one for low). Not sure if I'm going to do a delay relay or the switch yet but I just want know is there any chance of burning up the stock wiring harness from having both the high and low HID running with the engine running or during start up? I see that they offer a seprate wiring harness to buy if your vehicles stock wires aren't large enough or can't handle the power. Has anyone had any problems with their HID kits drawing to much power or burning up wiring? Has anyone been running dual HID's for a while with no problems?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PWO7RR,
How long have you been running HID's in your bike? Do you run both low and hi all the time?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Whats up buddy? So I have been running the DDM 10000K set up for about a month, both high and low beams. During the day i'll ride with both high and low beams on. At night it depends on if I feel like blinding people but usually i'll still run with both lights on. I have had ZERO problems. Don't know where you purchased from. I can tell you, people can really see me and I'm glad I have them. No extra wiring and I haven't burned anything yet so no problems with my set up. I don't have a relay or a switch the lights turn on when I put my key in and turn it. Hope that helps let me know if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks live. I bought the kit from DDM. I don't expect any problems but I just wanted to make sure. Don't want to mess up my bike. My only other question is did you have to use a spacer on the back of the bulb so that it stayed in tight? My kit came with a spacer but it doesn't fit like the stock one does. Probably gotta cut it a little to fit or just get rid of it. I see you got 08 so it might be a little different than my 06.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hids usually come with relays built into them. The problem isn't ur wiring harness because there is no way for them to burn unless u wire them wrong. The only issue u might have is starting the bike when both hi/lo are on. The battery might not supply enough juice to run bob n start h bike. Put in a switch and call it a day because that also saves ur ballast in the long run from double firing everytime u start the bike

·
Registered
83 Posts
I totally forgot about that spacer. Doesn't it come like inside of the light after you unscrew the plastic covering? I just threw it in the trash. So to answer your question no I did not use the spacer. My bike starts just fine with out adding anything else like a relay or switch. And if your order from DDM you have a life time warranty so I don't sweat it to much. Just follow the how to instructions here and you should be good. Again any questions just ask, and remember slow is smooth and smooth is fast. So take your time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HID's are installed. I modified the spacer cause it wouldn't fit all the way in aka I just cut that b*@tch with snips so it fit. They look great. So far, so good. I got my buddy to get me a new battery anyway cause mine is about 4 years old. Gonna see how it goes without the switch for a while. Got a lifetime warranty on the parts so if the ballast or ignitor goes I'll just send for a new one. Not sure how to post a pic in here but I'll try now. Also, anyone adjust the position of the lights? I see the two screws near the bulbs but not sure if its possible to make them more focused.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
where did you get the 6 led third eye and how much was it.
I can almost guarantee that it's not the one ur thinking of. Most likely it's a wedge bulb with 6 flat LEDs on it facing different directions. It's not going to look like tripage's 3rd eye mod.

N to the ts, i kno u have lifetime warranty but y wouldu want to waste the downtime. Ull have to rip ur bike apart to take it apart n pay shipping to send it stuff back. And before all of that ull have to figure out if it's ur ballast or bulb that Is bad. Itll take at least a week or more if ur lucky. A switch takes 5mins to wire. Just a thought

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No the led isnt like the tripage one. That one is way nicer but this was 3 bucks and still looks nice and clear with a little bit of blue. Way better than the stock bulb looks. It's from the DDM website. I wouldnt waste my time with the warranty either. The kit was cheap enough that if anything went wrong I'd just put it back to stock or order a new HID kit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts