Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone who is nice enough to help a fellow member read my thread in the east coast forum under n747heavy and a question about ny and long island speeding laws. all the help would be appreciated.

p.s. ok so i was installing my ballast for the hid's on the left side where if you take the mid fairing off about half way down there's this part with what looks like is cooling fins can anyone tell me what this part is and any chance of me doing damage to the bike if i mount the ballast to it ? pls help

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
Unless you got a ticket you should really worry about all that stuff. You more than likely not going to remember anything someone tells you anyway. You would have to know the exact vehicle code at the time of citing otherwise anything you say is useless and the VC's can become confusing. Their is also different sections on the same VC. Like vc 8686a vc8686b etc. Its to much to remember.

·
silent master
3,532 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you very much! you took the words right out of my mouth

wow and i really thought for once there was a site where being a member of some sort of "club" (owning a 600rr for all you idiots who are wondering what club ?) was cool and the people on the site were really cool but i guess i mistook for a regular old site where people just bitch and complain and if they dont have anything helpful to say they just talk **** anyway. thx everyone for my short experience.

·
Chief IronLungs
2,000 Posts
wow and i really thought for once there was a site where being a member of some sort of "club" (owning a 600rr for all you idiots who are wondering what club ?) was cool and the people on the site were really cool but i guess i mistook for a regular old site where people just bitch and complain and if they dont have anything helpful to say they just talk **** anyway. thx everyone for my short experience.
dont worry about them. ill tell you like someone told me, it is just the internet. good luck with all your questions

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
newbies...... research
oh i know what the part is, you *******. I just wanted to find out if i would do damage to the bike mounting a ballast to it and i thought that's what this site was for. where if you didnt know something you could ask around and someone would help but i guess not you so why dont you if you dont wanna help not respond at all and let someone who might wanna, respond instead. jackass.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
n747heavy
If you can post a pic of what you described as far as
left middle fairing that would help us lead you into the
right path of installing the HID

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
well, it would help out a lot if you have pictures. that and not barraging everyone with the same question with different contexts, on different sections of the forum.

when you do that, its kinda like a kid with adhd asking for the same thing every damn minute.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Calling people idiots is a great way to get help.

Funny thing is, you dream of a "cool" site where people don't bitch and complain... Yet you feel the need to insult others.

I guess if such a site exist, you wouldn't be invited.

Meet kettle, pot.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
that thing with fins is probably your rectifier. dont mount the hids to it. heat is bad. go to the appropriate forum for your year bike and ask where people have mounted it. You're not the first to do it. Better yet, do a search for HID. That should lead you to several threads.

second, if you're asking about local [speed] laws keep it in the regional forum. How should I or others in other parts of the country know anything particular to your situation?

third, were you raised by wolves? didnt your mother teach you good manners? Stop acting like a twat and you wont be treated like one.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
pantablo
Thanks man

K

·
0 Posts
ok so i was installing my ballast for the hid's on the left side where if you take the mid fairing off about half way down there's this part with what looks like is cooling fins can anyone tell me what this part is and any chance of me doing damage to the bike if i mount the ballast to it ? pls help
that would be your Voltage Regulator/Rectifier Module. It gets very very hot. don't impede it's ability to cool. if you do, it will over heat, fail, and wreak havoc on your electrical system, causing thousands of dollars in damages.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
rule of thumb, anything with fins like that or a heatsink, is usually something that gets hot, and requires a good amount of cooling, hence the fins/heatsink. don't mount something that gets hot itself, or something that should not get hot to those things. mount it somewhere that is away from hot or moving parts, and you will be fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts