Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the DDM 6000k HID slim kit on my bike a few months ago. Ever since day 1, the low beam HID's don't always fire up right away. Sometimes I have to turn off the bike, wait a few seconds, turn it back on and voila. Sometimes, no matter how much I ride and turn off the bike to "restart", it doesn't fire up. The high beam has always worked with the switch though.

I also put in a new battery and it still happens. The HID's are connected directly to the OEM harness, not connected via my distribution block. All the connectors are tight and wrapped with heat shrink tubing.

Can I just install a toggle on/off switch? And if so, what specs am i looking for? Some say this is a good idea to avoid the double firing.

Or should I install a delayed 10 second relay?

Or something else?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Any switch rated to 12V 10A will be just fine, you can use the relay or if your game have a look in my sig...

You may have done them in by hot re-striking them to many times...

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
That isn't a time delay relay... the first one you posted will do fine. You can put in both kits though as well...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Choices choices, I think i'll try the delayed relay first, seems easy. Your DIY write up...is way beyond what I can handle, but nice write up. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts