Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a set of HIDs from xenonexpert and the HIDs are great... Except when I plugged in my headlight assembly the highbeam works but the low beam doesnt.. and my 3rd eye doesnt work... I am going to begin my troubleshooting tomorrow.. think I will start with where the hids plug into the factory harness.. and go from there.. but I cant figure out why the 3rd eye isnt working either..

Anyways any ideas would be extremely helpful.. I will post my progress tomorrow after my initial troubleshooting!!!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im gonna feel like a jackass saying this..... but.... I forgot which side is my highbeam and which is my low... My right light (while sitting on the bike) turns on and off with the switch however my other light and 3rd eye wont... so my high beam turns on.. rite?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Yes, that is your hi beam. Check your fuses. T
If you don't have one, buy a volt meter. It will make troubleshooting easier.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
The switch works the HighBeam alone check your fuse if its blown
you must have reversed the low beam connection causing a short
then a blown fuse post back the results

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will post up what I figure out... the only thing that confuses me is that the low beam and running light would be run together to make them both crap out at the same time.. I will see what happens when I go tomorrow...

I am in the coast guard and do electronics on the dauphin helicopter.. so hopefully the electronics on this bike dont kick my ass.. LOL

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE!!!!!

Fuses are good... so the 3rd eye not working makes no sense so far... Need to see if the led's are bad... So I go to check and make sure that there is power coming at the headlight connector... everytime I try a point to ground dv voltage check.. it sparks!!! Havent figured out why yet.. I am going to shoot all the wires in the headlight assembly tonight.. hopefully I can figure something out.. tomorrow I will be replacing the led with a standard buld to check that.. but when I checked to see if there was power at the point of the 3rd eye connector (just behind the 3rd eye) It sparked and blew the fuse... So Im almost lost.. but need to see what I find in the harness.. if anything!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Im going to shoot the headlight assembly tonight.. then I will see if there is a short... what pisses me off the most.. is that I didnt need to play with any of the wires.. and it worked before.. kinda annoying..

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Check the headlights relay make sure the connection is solid

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I disconnected and reconnected every connection... I shot every connector to check for shorts.. and shot most of the wires and found NOTHING

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the problem.. after getting a new ballast and the problem continuing.. I checked the wires a little bit more and found this..
The wire that goes from the stock harness to the ballast.. at the connector (on the ballast side) if I jiggled the wire.. my light would flicker on and off.. this happens on both sides..

So they are shipping me out 2 new sets of wires.. that are pretested for that problem!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts