Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and had almost all my questions answered as far as HID's on the bike....except one....How are the OEM housings holding up to the extra head that HID's put out? any warping, melting, distortions etc. of the OEM housing...Looking to buy the 55w 6K kit from DDMtuning.com and had the concern of the heat causing the housing to get A.F.U.....thanks in advance....

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have had my 8000K 55W HID's in for long time in my bike and my cars, NEVER had any melting or over heating problems...

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
Many people on here are running 55w and have said they have no problems. I am using projectors and have had no issues.

·
Registered
180 Posts
they get warm... but nothing to worry about. I stuck them under my headlight assembly and they have been fine for about 3 years now

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
i have had them on my bike the same ones ur talking about and had not problems. deff. worth the money to be visible at night

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have the 55w, and no problems here. They are great at night.

·
Registered
501 Posts
55w 8k and a 55w 5k. no problems here except people flashing me all the time. haha

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good to know...I have HID's on my other bike and love them but they are also in projector housing...not liking the difference in lack of visibility compared to my HID's in the other bike...

·
Registered
509 Posts
im in the same boat as everyone else. i run 55w 8k with no issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts