Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i remember before i bought them someone said that they can save your life....i was like ok....but this morning i think i saw first hand how they can....so i am driving in the left lane on a 3 lane highway.....now i am keeping to the far left to stay far the all the cagers..anyway....this guy starts to change into my lane and then i see him swerve back into his lane.....at the next light i pull up to his window (he waved me over) he apologized and said that he could not see me...but then he said that all he saw was a bright ass light in his side mirror and that is how he knew someone was there....all i am going to say is that it is a good thing that i bought those lights.....

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Awsome....I have got to order some of these sometime soon, I ride at night almost daily out in a rural area with lots of deer, raccoons, etc....where did you buy yours?

·
Registered
218 Posts
homerjay4242, thanks again bud for hooking me up

will be doing this install this afternoon and will have my digital camera on hand to document it

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My HID's do the same for me all the time. I got them because of deer and pigs, but I get more worried about the crazy drivers these days than I do animals crossing...

·
Registered
218 Posts
i wont stop until the install appears pretty much invisible.

I hate when things looked tacked on or messy..especially when it comes to wiring..so I'm going to try my best to make it look as close to stock as possible

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ballasts are not that bad .. I just need to paint the corner black...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/98835023/117909358bSIURp
http://community.webshots.com/photo/98835023/117909467MTEXMo

You should see the guys come out of the Honda shop whenever I pull up. There like "man will you turn on your HID lights for us" and I'm like "Uh huh" and there like.. "man thats so cool"...

It's pretty funny actually. But I guess it's kinda one of those "had to be there"...

here's a good link that describes the install..
http://600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5349&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GA_RR,

I good friend of mine sells them cheap....the kits retail for 450 to 550 on the net...but he is willing to give them to me for 365 and i in turn will ship them to anyone on this board for the same price...so it would be about 375 with shipping...if you are interested let me know....

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whoppyjon91,

The kit is in the pic posted by Matt99DECH.... a buddy of like i said above a buddy of mine has them....i can get them to you for 375... let me know if you are interested.....i am only doing this to help people save money on a great kit....i hate having to spend a lot of money on mods...so i figure if i can get these cheap why not share the wealth....plus i am sure there are other people out there that can get great deals on other items...maybe this will catch on and other people will start posting items that they can get cheap and we all can work together to get nice mods for less $$$$.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have not installed the kit yet so I will comment on that later but I'm expecting it to be top notch and I'm really not expecting any dissapointment.

Let me re-assure anyone who is hesitant about doing deals online. Larry (homerjay) is a top notch guy and I have NEVER had a better onling buying expereience in my life. He went above and beyond the call of duty to help me out and I could not possibly ask for a better guy to deal with. I initially expressed interest in the lights on monday via a PM...I paid him via paypal and he shipped out the lights wendesday from NJ...they just showed up to me here in Central Ontario (1hr north of toronto) this morning at 11!! I was expecting them to show up mid next week, so needless to say I was rather suprised to have these delievered today (on my day off no less)

I will be installing this aft and wil have my digital camera on hand.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OldDude2,

if you want a set just let me know where i need to ship them (for shipping cost)....you can either paypal me (with this you are going to have to add about 5% to cover paypal fees).....or you can send me a money order or certified check....once i have the money i will send the lights...i do it this way cause i have to buy them from him and he has to get them from his supplier...he is not that big yet so he does not stock them....so basically if i buy them and you or anyone does not pay then i am stuck with the lights....i am more than happy to get these lights to you....just send me a PM with your location and how you want to pay and i will get the ball roling....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Homerjay4242:
Looks like I will have to remove the cowl that I broke yesterday(along with two ribs). I just ordered the parts so while I have it down I may as well install the HIDs. I have an account with Pay-Pal on Ebay. Tell what I need to do to get you the cash..

(A very sore) OldDude2

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
(A very sore) OldDude2
your making MY ribs hurt..... :???: you'll love the HID kit and cars do see you 10 times better during the day.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OldDude2,

Again I am glad to hear that you are ok....I sent you a PM with the details...get well soon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts