1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
500 Posts
jus wanna know if any of you guys have these HIDs. ive been wanting to get one for my bike. its an 07 600rr.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=107&parent=61

and

http://www.xenonexpert.com/volt_hid_sale.html

i know ddmtuning is cheaper but idk about the quality. can you guys give me a little help regarding which to choose from. if you could give me their pros and cons itd be helpful.

thanks!
I also just ordered the DDM kit after hearing such good things about it. As to the DDM vs. Volt debate, here is the short of it:
People give DDM a lot of **** because it is Chinese made (thus somehow inferior?). Volt is Japanese made (how have Toyotas been doing lately? unfair attack, but I think a lot of the attacks on the Chinese made aspect of the DDMs are unfair as well).. I don't know about the Volt ballast sizes, but from what I've heard the new DDM ballasts are SUPER small and it makes mounting and installation even easier. DDM has a lifetime warranty, so that's basically what sold me on it. I just went to the xenon expert website, and their ballasts are apparently pretty small as well. But they only offer a 1 year replacement warranty. I went with DDM because of the good reviews on here, and because of the life time warranty.

Just so you know if you end up going with DDM: they have a huge shipment stuck in U.S. customs, so they are back ordered about (hopefully) 1 week. I know this because my order is in there :(

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh really? can one of you post pics of those things? i kinda wanna see how small the ballasts are and also the light output on the bikes. thanks!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
ddms are sick, just got them installed yesterday on my 06, here is a quick picture
35w 6k

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
thanks, umm heard that the 55w will work on our bikes but still nothing to back up the fack that our factory harness can handle those kinds of watages, the 35w works for me looks sooo good, ill get more pictures tomm

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, umm heard that the 55w will work on our bikes but still nothing to back up the fack that our factory harness can handle those kinds of watages, the 35w works for me looks sooo good, ill get more pictures tomm

aite sweet. lemme see from the front and also the light output on the road hahaha

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
subscribed, will get pictures tomm

·
Registered
208 Posts
Do it right the first time, install projectors into your headlights. It wasn't as hard has I thought it was going to be. The hardest part was hiding all the wires for the HID kit. Plus the looks of projectors are way better imho.

·
Registered
477 Posts
DDM is pretty good, i think thats what the majority of people on this site have. i got my HID kit for my explorer from VVME.com they're pretty chinese but customer service was great, one of my ballasts went out, i was still under warranty (1 yr) and they sent me another ballast AND harness, no questions asked, they even paid for shipping.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Here is a Duel DDM Kit 6000k @35w low/high beam bought it from Xenon Expert

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a Duel DDM Kit 6000k @35w low/high beam bought it from Xenon Expert

wow i like that haha..

so on low beams, does that mean only 1 side is on? how about when you start the bike, doesnt it make the start up a lil weaker since the headlights/low beam is already on? ive seen some people with switches. i also thought about the projector look, kinda like the angel eyes on bmw's lol but i dont know how much that'll cost me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts