Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am lookin to get HID's for my bike i just wanted to know if their was a way that if i bought a bi-xenon kit that i could have both of the headlight on and then turn the high beam on and their both Hi-Beam?

and another questions the HID's from DDM are just plug and play or do they have to connect to the battery? becasue a friend of mine was lookin to just get the Low beam HID does that just plug in and work?

·
Registered
500 Posts
The motorcycle page at DDM might answer your questions.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=61&pg=1

I don't entirely understand what you want to happen. I don't know what year bike you have, but on my 06, there are only two bulbs, period. One bulb per side. "Low beams" is having only one bulb turned on, and "high beams" is when both are turned on. Are you asking if you can have two beams on at the same time AND THEN turn on two more for high beams? My answer is good luck with that. You're probably going to want to do that HID projector with halos project that some people do. Waste of time and effort IMO.

I just re-read your question, and then looked at DDM. I don't know how their hi/lo kit works, but I had a hi/lo HID kit on my Ninja 250, and the hi beam was a joke and I never used it because it was actually less bright than the HID lo beam.

As far as your other question, DDM is plug and play as are most commercially available HID kits. Now a lot of people will get fancy and wire in on/off switches but you do not have to do that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
yes the bulbs are the same on high and low with the HID kits its the projector in them that make them high and low the low side shoots more to the ground and high lets it shoot out further thats why theres a diff when you look at the from the front and 1 looks dimmer when there really not....the ddm is the way to go there plug and play and both on make a HUG diff than just 1 unlike he says ^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Are you asking if you can have two beams on at the same time AND THEN turn on two more for high beams? My answer is good luck with that. You're probably going to want to do that HID projector with halos project that some people do. Waste of time and effort IMO.
Waste of time and effort???
Do you have a DEATHWISH..??! a-ha-ha-ha, corny i know
To each his own

Once you get it done, and your bike looks sexier and your ONE low beam craptasticness, then lets dance (talk)
see thats MY Opinion.. lol
(not trying to sound rude btw)

Sadt3arz, where you at homeboy
better yet, I'll do you one better

**Sickest Bike Here http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=143593

Take the time, and do it. I'll be posting my dealios soontime, once its all done and done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts