• NO

Votes: 40 23.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do You drive around in the daytime with your high beams on.. i do, the more people can see me the better..

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
yup i do too...i also do it at night too, dont really care if it hurts their eyes keeps me safer LOL
yes very safe, when they can't see and cross the double yellow and nail your ass.

for the poll yes, high during the day. at night yes on divided highways will keep it on unless traffic is in front of me. 2 lane roads i will kill it as well for oncoming traffic. no need to be a d1ck

·
Registered
175 Posts
Both ON ALL DAY

·
Registered
52 Posts
Low beams in the day and night unless there are no cars in front of me. I don't want to blind someone while they are driving towards me. ;)

It's POSSIBLE someone would see my brights and avoid me during the day, but so unlikely that I don't really consider it worthwhile. They will either see me or not, either way I'll be driving like they are out to hit me.

If I wanted to do something to improve my visibility I think the best thing I could do would be to ride with a bright safety vest. Or put a reflector on the front of my helmet.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Low beams in the day and night unless there are no cars in front of me. I don't want to blind someone while they are driving towards me. ;)

It's POSSIBLE someone would see my brights and avoid me during the day, but so unlikely that I don't really consider it worthwhile. They will either see me or not, either way I'll be driving like they are out to hit me.

If I wanted to do something to improve my visibility I think the best thing I could do would be to ride with a bright safety vest. Or put a reflector on the front of my helmet.
or have a yellow bike

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
It's too bright during the day for your high beams to blind anyone.

·
Registered
370 Posts
High beam most of the times especially highways and city traffic

Got one question which relates to this topic, by using high beam most of time will it shorten our battery life span ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
yup i do too...i also do it at night too, dont really care if it hurts their eyes keeps me safer LOL

How hard is it to flip off your highbeam when driving past another car? IF you get hit or close to being hit dont blame the other driver.

·
Registered
962 Posts
"You have a headlight out" Yes everyday all day.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
to share the usage of my HID kit because they wont last forever. i used just HI during the Day and Low During the Night. unless i am up in the Mountains late nights i use both as long as theres no on coming traffic. im sure when the cager hits me they will still be alive to say i was blinding them with my Highs

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
High beam most of the times especially highways and city traffic

Got one question which relates to this topic, by using high beam most of time will it shorten our battery life span ?
no because your bike is always charging the battery and is always at 14v+
battery life gets shorten when you keep deep cycling it. which i think is when you use the battery with the bike engine not on and bring the voltage below 12v or it sits around and drains over time below 12v. also age but that doesnt shorten it

·
Registered
370 Posts
Good to hear that...

Anyhow don't really mind on the life span of Battery :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yup, high beam on in daytime. Increases visibility to others as well as stops the 'you have a light out' comments. I also have it on any time there isn't a car in front of me at night. (This includes in town.) It lets the other driver's know that I see them too, and has surely prevented people from wanting to turn out in front of me at intersections.

·
Registered
39 Posts
anything that lets them see me better, and anytime is a good thing.

·
Registered
962 Posts
no one ever tells me i have a headlight out. guess the cagers are too scared to say anything to me
Really? I used to get it daily. So flippin annoying.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts