Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having pretty much the same problem described in this thread:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=172799&highlight=high+beam

I am wondering where I can get the relay and how much it would be? Also the high beam didn't flicker on/off until after my battery died which tells me the battery dying had something to do with possibly killing my relay too... Just an FYI for others out there having the same issue.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
You can get it from any dealer, you will find that the contact has burnt out.

Item number 9:
Ronayers Microfische

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
ooooo i should have read the thread first... i just figured you were talking about a delay relay:retard:

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
What contact?
The contacts are inside the relay, when they burn out they no longer conduct or may conduct intermittently causing the symptoms you described.

Inside a relay:

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Also, I pointed out the wrong relay. Your after #8 here:

Ronayers Microfische

Its mounted between the headlights.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I swapped out a known good relay with the headlight relay and so far so good. Apparently the battery dying messes up this relay because it was fine before hand. So anyone out there having the same issue it is most likely your headlight relay.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
A dead battery wont kill a relay, it was purely coincidence I think.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I managed to get the relay I needed for 7 bucks from my dealer so hopefully that cures this problem once and for all.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK looks like the problem still exists even after replacing the relay and the battery. Anyone know of any other issues that could be causing this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
i was actually just reading this thread the other day for a tip on my issue- both of my headlights stopped working the other night.. was an interesting nerve racking ride.

anyways i thought the same thing yesterday and proceeded to dismantle the upper fairing for the first time. i bought a clymer manual with color wiring diagrams in the back and it was extremely useful. (with a multi meter) i traced the circuit and found a broken solder in the ignition switch module.

borrow a multi meter and buy a manual :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i was actually just reading this thread the other day for a tip on my issue- both of my headlights stopped working the other night.. was an interesting nerve racking ride.

anyways i thought the same thing yesterday and proceeded to dismantle the upper fairing for the first time. i bought a clymer manual with color wiring diagrams in the back and it was extremely useful. (with a multi meter) i traced the circuit and found a broken solder in the ignition switch module.

borrow a multi meter and buy a manual :)

Was that in an 07+? My low beam is just fine, its just the high beam that flickers SOMETIMES while turning it on or off... once its on it stays on... It is really odd.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Your issue isn't the start switch, if it was you would have lost high and low, I think you may have an issue in the harness or possibly the globe is dead, swap the globe and see if the problem moves, then after that find yourself a multimeter ($10) and we will have a look at the harness

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your issue isn't the start switch, if it was you would have lost high and low, I think you may have an issue in the harness or possibly the globe is dead, swap the globe and see if the problem moves, then after that find yourself a multimeter ($10) and we will have a look at the harness

What is the globe?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts