Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my high beam stopped working. Its not the bulb since I replaced it...

What happens is when i turn it on the blue high beam light pops up and goes out. After that it does not come on at all no matter how many times i press it.

Where should i start looking and troubleshooting... I checked the wiring by the light and it's fine. It must be something else going to the battery or somewhere else where its connected.

- Thanks

·
Registered
829 Posts
Its probably your switch housing. The contact points get corroded after a while, even quicker if the bike gets left outside in various weather conditions.

Either take your housing apart and clean the contact points, or buy a new housing.

Try flipping your switch to the high beam, and then lightly press on the low beam side but don't actually flip it back to low. My 03 is going to have this problem in the future, because my switch is already finicky.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
My 03 is going to have this problem in the future, because my switch is already finicky.
Same with the start switch. Sometime lightly "sticks", and headlight doesn't come back on.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ya my kill switch housing could use replacing as well. I can actually press down on the run end of the switch and kill the bike with the switch in the run position. Pretty much exact same behavior with headlight switch.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys you are right! THANK YOU!!! I just had to play with it and it works. I will open the housing and clean it up.

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts