Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

High idle temperature

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  No_LiMiT 
#1 · (Edited)
When riding normally my temp is 160 to 180 f, around70 and goes to 80c. But when it slows down and going 50 60km, around 40 miles, temperature rises to 90c, 195f.
In traffic goes to 220f. I searched and these temperatures seen ok especially since im riding in sun at 30 to 40c weather. 90 to 100f.
But what worried me is when idle, or sitting at light temperature jumps very quickly to 220 or so, fan kicks in but i guess it keeps it from not going further. Just wanna make sure this is ok or I need to look into my cooling system.
When I get on open roads it drops quick too.

P.s. traffic here and in US are different, here we have 1 lane each way and stop and go traffic or going 20 mph, busses, trucks etc all over, or in city speed bump or traffic light every 100m.

#3 ·
Cool, thanks. It was just weird, normal operating temp then I stopped to pay the toll for a minute (getting money out of backpack etc) and then boom temperature rose from like 75c to 100c lol. Seemed to quick, like nothing's cooling it except air

#4 ·
If you're not moving there is very little thermal loss in the radiator. It's a testament to how good water cooling is (the temps you can maintain at speed vs stopped)

It's not abnormal for the temp to rise when stopped. If it stays at 220 without issue it's not much cause for alarm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.