Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
lol what r u guys talking about? I swear people bash just to bash

Claps good job with the high mileage
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't get that kind of mileage out of a set, I'm just saying there is no way the tire is not squared off. Unless you're leaned over and riding on the side of the tire as much as you are straight up and down the tire will square off. Pretty much the only people that don't square of their tires are track only riders. Any street rider is going to square off their tires to some degree.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't get that kind of mileage out of a set, I'm just saying there is no way the tire is not squared off. Unless you're leaned over and riding on the side of the tire as much as you are straight up and down the tire will square off. Pretty much the only people that don't square of their tires are track only riders. Any street rider is going to square off their tires to some degree.
Its not squared, its more of a W. Edges barely worn, middles very worn, center like medium worn. The rear tire gets squared like everyone is thinking.

As for a pic of the rear, it wore out way before the front. Its on its second rear now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have Q3+'s and have put around 3k miles on them and the rear is already starting to show the belts. What am I doing wrong? I ride pretty damn aggressive on the street with lots of top speed runs but some days don't do over 90mph in an hour long ride. I also ride at least an hour at a time, often doing 2 hours. Do tires need to be warmed up before I should start doing a certain speed?(I know they do for corners but what about general straight line roads?) The battleax's I had on before the q3+'s lasted what around 10k miles.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts