Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don't know! $4,000 obo for an 07 red and black... It has 28k miles which seems like more than I would prefer... but that price is almost too good to pass up. I could probably score it for $3,500... I just am kinda on the fence... any thoughts? Should I continue waiting for a lower mileage bike? Or is this deal too good to pass on?

http://newlondon.craigslist.org/mcy/4954794950.html

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
42k miles on my 09 and runs good!

3.5k is a good price, and a good suspension refresh or upgrade c/b done with the $$ you save....

yoshi full exhaust isa good upgrade

might want to look into a power commander 5 and tune.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It has high(er) miles, but as long as it was taken care of and maintained properly, you should be good to go.

It's really up to you though. Do you want to buy something right now, or wait for something with lower miles for the same price or maybe a little more?

As far as the price, it's only worth what someone (you) is willing to pay. Is it worth the asking price to you?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it's in pretty good condition, I've been texting the guy. There is a rash on the back fairings (under the cowl). But other than that it looks good. I think if I could get it for $3,500 then that is a steal to be honest, the mods alone I could sell for 1k. So I'm basically getting the bike for $2,500. Part of me just wants to get it lol. But then again, another part of me is kinda resisting because I know it has high miles but also the "performance" parts means it must have been beaten on to an extent. So I just don't know.

·
Maynard
7,043 Posts
Not bad. Already got the valve adjustment. Stretch him to $3300 :D

Not as many people will see the bike since he posted it as "cbr600rr." Most people just search "CBR" for the RR. He won't get as many hits. Also since the bike is already cheap, you have less to lose financially.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd agree with CBR Noob. Is it worth it to you, how badly do you want to get on a bike right now? When I was in the market for a bike, I searched for quite a while, but I'm patient. I was looking for low miles and a specific color scheme, which I couldn't find around me. I finally found something on cycletrader.com which was what I was looking for. My bike is an 08 from the original owner that had 6262 miles and had never been laid down. It also had almost all the same mods that were listed on that ad, except the valve job and the exhaust is Two Brothers. I didn't end up paying much more than he's asking, I just had to drive from MA to PA to get it, which was worth it to me. If it's close to you, go look at it to get a more informed opinion and look for normal wear. If you have to sink money into it ASAP, take that into consideration of your offer.

I run a family business and we trade all the time. Value is only an agreement of what the seller agrees to sell it for and what the buyer agrees to buy it for.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unbelieveable, this seller is willing to ride the bike to my house on tuesday to show me it. lol all I gotta do is give him $20 in gas money. I'll check it out and if it's all good then i'll just buy it. $3,500 is such a good deal. I could easily get all new fairings for it, do the brakes, oil, sparks, whatever it needs. I'll put $1,000 into it and have a really nice bike. I'll update you guys. I'm gonna see it tuesday.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd agree with CBR Noob. Is it worth it to you, how badly do you want to get on a bike right now? When I was in the market for a bike, I searched for quite a while, but I'm patient. I was looking for low miles and a specific color scheme, which I couldn't find around me. I finally found something on cycletrader.com which was what I was looking. My bike is an 08 from the original owner that had 6262 miles and had never been laid down. It also had almost all the same mods that were listed on that ad, except the valve job except the exhaust is Two Brothers. I didn't end up paying much more than he's asking, I just had to drive from MA to PA to get it, which was worth it to me. If it's close to you, go look at it to get a more informed opinion and look for normal wear. If you have to sink money into it ASAP, take that into consideration of your offer.

I run a family business and we trade all the time. Value is only an agreement of what the seller agrees to sell it for and what the buyer agrees to buy it for.

I would completely be down to drive that far for the "perfect" bike problem is. I don't have anyone who would be willing to drive me down, etc. so it is out of the question. It's not even that I'm being impatient about buying the bike. I've been looking for a 600rr for 3 months now almost daily. I just see a good deal and would be willing to spring for it since the price is (in my opinion) a steal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I understand you. I'm lucky, my father and I drove his truck down and loaded it up, did it in an 18 hours round trip, straight shot. But my dad has also been all about having toys and bikes his whole life, so there was no twisting his arm. If you got a buddies truck to borrow, find a ramp and truck it home.

As far as if it's a good deal or a steal.... It's a great deal as long as you're happy, that's the most important thing, no questions.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have 30k on my 600rr and runs brand new with no hiccups.. if it was taken care of, i wouldnt even blink an eye buying it with 28k miles... its a honda

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was in your position about a month ago. Was on the fence about an '06 with 18k miles for $4200 obo and decided to hold out. A week later an '07 was put up with 6.5k miles for $5k.

Needless to say I now have an '07 CBR600RR and damn am I glad I held out.

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Yeah, it's in pretty good condition, I've been texting the guy. There is a rash on the back fairings (under the cowl). But other than that it looks good. I think if I could get it for $3,500 then that is a steal to be honest, the mods alone I could sell for 1k. So I'm basically getting the bike for $2,500. Part of me just wants to get it lol. But then again, another part of me is kinda resisting because I know it has high miles but also the "performance" parts means it must have been beaten on to an extent. So I just don't know.

First, lets get one thing straight for some of the newer riders.

28k is NOT "high miles" (not really). That's about average. Many people have a false understanding of mileage on motorcycles. They will run as well as any vehicle that is maintained properly.

Second, its a Honda. Period. If well taken care of it will run forever. When I sold my 06RR it had 34k miles IIRC and it ran like it was brand new.

Mods on a bike also doesn't mean it was ridden hard. That all depends on the owner. Many owners like to add mods to their bikes for aesthetic and performance value but that doesn't mean they ride their bikes hard. My old RR had a few mods, but believe me I babied that thing.

What matters mostly is regular maintenance, clean title, and no (or minimal) accident history.

$4k for that bike is a steal. For $3500 you should've bought it yesterday. Now you say the seller is willing to drive to your place to sell it to you?? Why haven't you bought it yet???? For $3500 I would've bought that already if I was looking for a bike.

Anyway, keep us posted and hope you get it. :cruising:

·
Registered
137 Posts
^^ It ultimately comes down to how well the engine was taken care of. I'll take a strong engine with cracked fairings and broken plastic over a bike that looks sharp but has been neglected or abused.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update: well, he said a shop offered him $3,650 and would pick it up so he said he had to go with it. I didn't want to let it go that easily so I offered $3,800 delivery. He accepted it.

He told me all it really needs is a new front brake, oil change.

He told me also that the ignition had been replaced last summer since he lost his key. He said it works fine though and still looks stock. He also says he has some receipts but not all,

I'm interested still but I figured i'd update this thread since you guys may know a little bit more than me.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Another update, he is coming tomorrow at around 5:45... I have to leave for class at 6:45 so that gives me about an hour to look over the bike, hopefully he'll let me test ride it (i guess i'll have to get the money now for him to hold).I won't be able to buy it that day but he said if all checks out he'll hold it for me for a week and then I can pick it up after his business trip.

So excited to see it. Hopefully someone else doesn't make another offer although it wouldn't surprise me. I'm getting such a great deal. Who knows... I may be able to keep this bike and my 300.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got my '07 Bone stock with 9000km (5600 miles) on it for 4700 so I think a shop offering 3650 might be a lie but who knows. Regardless if it runs well and there aren't any problems with it you're going to really enjoy it. Ride safe :D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not to mention the mods I looked up their value

full exhaust $900
windscreen $80
levers $120
battery $120
turn signals $30
air filter $60
chain $100
seat cowl $150
spools $20
frame sliders $80
tank pad $35
fender elim $50
rim tape reflected $30

total that's $1,775.

- 20% depreciation and that's $1,420. He also has all the stock parts. I could easily rip all these mods off revert it back to stock and then sell it for what I paid and get the free mods. lol

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well... some bad news. Turns out he tried selling the bike back 2 years ago and he signed and dated the title (it says sold on 2012 on the title...) but the deal fell through and he just kept it. so now he needs a new one. He told me it will take 4 weeks and an extra $20. ugh. But he said he will still show me it tomorrow so I am looking forward to that.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts