Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought my 07 in november november and i ride it all the time and was just wondering as of july,16 2008 i have 6,350 is that alot because i just can't help it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought mine in Feb 08....and already have 5800 miles on mine....I live on my bike...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not at all, sounds like its not your only transportation. I have 5,800 on mine, had it since sept '07 and only gets ridden to bike nights and the early morning weekend rides and the occasional lunch time run.

Ride it! Enjoy it! Don't worry about the mileage as long as you take care of it

·
Registered
389 Posts
What, are you kididng? I put 1900 miles on mine in the first 2 weeks.

Yours is just getting barely broken in...

Stay on top of oil changes, clean and lube and retension your chain once in a while, and we'll see you again when it's time to buy the 2014 model...it's a Honda ferchrissake...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have had my nre Graffiti since January and it has 5000 on it. But, my 1994 CBR900RR that I bought new and sold in 2000 had 85000 on it and that was wth a year of down time due to turbocharger prototyping, and a crash.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah that's not alot also depends on where you live. When I was in Jax,Fl I saw guys over 10K and at the time there bike was only a year old, I usually put 4 to 5k a summer on mine depending on family obligations etc :)

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Sold my 94 F2 with 52K miles had it for nine years
Sold my 03 RR with 42k miles had it for 4 years
As much as you love your bike she will love you back

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Not at all, sounds like its not your only transportation. I have 5,800 on mine, had it since sept '07 and only gets ridden to bike nights and the early morning weekend rides and the occasional lunch time run.

Ride it! Enjoy it! Don't worry about the mileage as long as you take care of it
i "think" he might be worried when its time to sell he doesnt want high miles b/c it might turn off buyers

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
i "think" he might be worried when its time to sell he doesnt want high miles b/c it might turn off buyers
True. It has always been, and will continue to be at least for a while, a buyers market. The 'toy-luxury' nature of motorcycles, especially sport motorcycles, gaurantees that people with more money than sense will buy bikes brand new, ride them very little, and later sell them in a very pristine, attractive condition. (of course, bikes that get ridden very little can have all sorts of nasty problems of their own, like killing batteries, poor oil protection from tiny rides and infrequent changes, etc.)

You can't really worry about mileage and resale value. I mean, your only choice would be to not ride the bike. Your best bet is to keep your financing honest, and pay off the bike at a faster rate than it can depreciate.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

don't want to resell it just wanted to i guess make sure i wasn't the only one out there cause alot of people i work dont ever ride and thats all i do 60 miles a day just for work. can't help it just the greatest thing right there.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yea I wouldn't worry too much about that kinda mileage. It'll probably end up being around 10k miles for the year come Nov, which is nothing. I bought my F4i new 10-17-04, and by 10-17-05 I had 31k, by 10-17-06 I had 67k, and by 10-17-07 I had 109k. Did just a hair over 38k last year alone. Currently 3 years and 9 months old, and at 130k

So no worries.... it's a Honda, it can handle it. Just keep up on the maintenance and she'll treat you well for a long long time to come :icon_lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts