Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driving record is pretty bad from a few years ago. Had a few careless driving for getting busted doing wheelies, one speeding for 74 in a 45.

State Farm is dropping me because they just conveniently found out that I had a 2 month license suspension last year. I won't go into how this pisses me off because they said nothing about it until they had to pay out for my last crash.

But anyway, I'm sure there is some other people on here that have had a less than perfect driving record...

I priced out a few companies for full coverage with is what I need. One was $531 a month which is F*CKED. I will not pay that. Even liability was $340 a month.

What is a good company to check out? Someone help me out!

thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Alot of companies wont take you, Your state will have their own insurance company that has to take anyone...but it will not be cheap. And honestly it will take a LONG time for you to ever see your rates drop.

·
Registered
403 Posts
thats sucks, $5xx a month for full coverage. i guess you have no choice. ride safe bro and take it easy you don't want them taking away your license then you'll have nothing..

·
Registered
743 Posts
Damn. I pay $531 for a whole year and I'm a new rider... The trick is to insure the bike on a policy with a cage... they think you'll be driving it most of the time and they give you a huge cut. The lowest I could find for ful coverage was like 3400 for the year, that's the VERY cheapest, but now that's what I pay with my truck & bike. And I have very extensive coverage, 100,000/300,00 etc...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I pay 840 /year for my car (2008 Mazda6) at 100/300,000 limits and $250 deductable and 645/Yr for my 2003 cbr 600RR at 25/50,000 limits and 500 deductable. Both on State farm in Southern Maryland. I have a clean record for 6 years. (I'm 22 and been driving since 16)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm over in reading pa and im 18 with no records and im going with allstate and i was priced at 800 a year, but because i have NO credit history, i am automatically high risk, so now its 1300 a year :(

so im getting a credit card just for gas to build my credit :p

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stop driving like a punk then your insurance will go down.

<3
Haven't been cited in over a year. These are all old infractions.

<3

Looks like I'm going with liability then. I will NEVER pay that much to some trillion dollar corporation that's worried that their poor little pockets might have to shell out a few thousand in the event of another crash.

At $531 dollars/month, I could have my bike PAID OFF in 2 years. No f*cking thank you to that ridiculous BS.

This is what I mean when I say "F*CK the SYSTEM.".

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
So when do they come off your record? If not long, go with liability for a while (and pray) until your record is clean.

Not sure, but try Mcgraw....I don't have them, a buddy of mine does (so I know the insure anyone). But worth a shot...

·
Registered
223 Posts

<3

Looks like I'm going with liability then. I will NEVER pay that much to some trillion dollar corporation that's worried that their poor little pockets might have to shell out a few thousand in the event of another crash.

At $531 dollars/month, I could have my bike PAID OFF in 2 years. No f*cking thank you to that ridiculous BS.

This is what I mean when I say "F*CK the SYSTEM.".
Dude, it's because of people like you with crappy driving records and insurance claims that cause the rest of us that never have claims or moving violations to pay higher than we should premiums! Don't blame the insurance companies! Blame yourself, grow up and start being responsible! :bitch_ple:bitch_ple:bitch_ple:bitch_ple:bitch_ple

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
1 year of no citations in PA= less 3 points...not a full pardon! :icon_stud

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/pub472.pdf

The insurance company has to go by what your driving record shows based on accidents and points accumulated. Your record makes you an assigned risk. Your best bet in order to stay on the road would be to find liability insurance, full coverage is gonna be too much.

On a side note, I have a 20 year perfect motorcycle driving record and my full coverage quote was still a rip off!

·
Registered
712 Posts
go with your state minimum and liability only. you can also do liability with comprehensive coverage only so that theft is covered.

thats your best bet to get cheaper rates.

multi-vehicle and multi-policy (home) will help out a lot.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
**** the system? you fucked yourself buddy
Yes I did. But if you take a look at the system and for one second just don't accept it how it is like a blind sheep.

A $5,000 rates jump because of a few old citations?! Insurance companies are out there for one thing, and for one thing only. PROFITS, PROFITS, PROFITS. The fact that they have to pay out if you are involved in a crash is just a harsh reality that they have to accept, and they don't like to hence why they are constantly fighting claims.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dude, it's because of people like you with crappy driving records and insurance claims that cause the rest of us that never have claims or moving violations to pay higher than we should premiums! Don't blame the insurance companies! Blame yourself, grow up and start being responsible! :bitch_ple:bitch_ple:bitch_ple:bitch_ple:bitch_ple
Oh shut the hell up dude. What state are you in? Do you REALLY think, even for one minute that a total of 4 citations from me has greatly affected your premiums!? That is quite laughable to say the least.

As I said twice now, I will say again. I have not been cited in over a year. Therefore I have obviously stopped riding stupid or at least gotten smarter about where to do it!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts