Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a problem riding in high winds...say 20-30 mph. I personally dont have a problem rideing in it but i always have a fear of my bike blowing over when i park somewhere in high winds.

·
Registered
540 Posts
first time i rode in wind like that was 2 days ago. nasty. drivin straight down the highway having to lean like 20-30 degrees. till the wind stops, then "oh ****!".... bleh... :shock:

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
dxh13 said:
drivin straight down the highway having to lean like 20-30 degrees. till the wind stops, then "oh s**t!".... bleh... :shock:
Same here when that front got up to the north east. Fun stuff, riding in a straight line with the bike at a lean. That's normal summer riding conditions around here. If the sun is actually out, there's 40 mph winds with it. :???:

·
Registered
68 Posts
We had wind gusts up to 50mph today here in Hawaii. I think I need to start lifting weights, cause I was gettin' blown all over the place. :lol2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Get in a full tuck and give it some gas. The wind wont bother you..

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
hardhittin_5 said:
Get in a full tuck and give it some gas. The wind wont bother you..
Right, right, right! If it gets too bad just tuck in and keep going.

Try going over the Skyway Bridge 280 feets above Tampa Bay and see a Coast Guard Blackhawk Helicopter right next to you and your eye to eye with the door guy.

That was pertty cool. And a little breezy!

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I don't mind high wind but I won't try to stunt in it. I was riding in the twisties the other day with some pretty strong wind and it bothered me a little bit but not enough to matter much.

·
Registered
526 Posts
we had a couple of gusts like 50 today also, but its oklahoma you gotta expect that

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I commute 60 miles a day during the summer 6 days a week, usually on the bike. It's the same as everything else, you do it enough and you can compensate without even noticing you're doing it.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Big difference between steady winds and gusty winds.

I was caught on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel in 30 MPH wind. Not too big a deal, but then came and 80mph gust. BIG F'N DEAL! I was blown completely out of my lane and if I had the time, i probably would have pooped myself.

This past weekend, there were gust of 30 mph on the patriot course. I altered my line on the back straight for it. Sometimes you would get pushover a bit, sometimes not. It was frustrating trying to be consistant with the wind.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
WangeRR808 said:
We had wind gusts up to 50mph today here in Hawaii. I think I need to start lifting weights, cause I was gettin' blown all over the place. :lol2:
no doubt! i haven't been riding much at all because of the weather we've been having. i don't like going through mililani on h2 with the wind cutting over the brodge like that. i've already had a couple of gusts of eind blow me all over the road there.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Wind was probably responsible for proving how **** my position was, id get blown about all over the place, transfer it straight through the bars, and it felt like im being pushed arround everywhere. So now im super relaxed with the bars in windy weather, and just make sure i dont go beyond my limits, as this tends to be when i tense up. Since, ive never had a problem with wind at all. Hell, theres a fair breeze at 140 ya know.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The wind was gusty as all hell here last sunday when I took my girl out for a ride. All we did was sit back n' enjoy it while it's not gusting, when it starts gusting tuck n' get on the throttle.. feels wierd but doesn't do much damage. I couldn't fathom an 80mph gust tho'. I could see being pushed into another lane (of oncomming traffic even) with that crap. We don't get much over 40mph gusts here.

100% tollerable yet annoying.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah, I agree about gusts. It is disconcerting being blown around in your lane. As far as your bike blowing over, it would take a pretty good breeze. I used to park my F4 outside during thunderstorms and it would survive. If I thought it was going to be really bad, I'd wheel it into my apartment. One advantage of living on the first floor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts