Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so ive noticed that in primarily 1st and second, possibly 3rd, when im getting into higher rpms i hear an extremely slight noise that kind of sounds like well change jingling in your pocket or something its weird to describe. its not violent though, like i said very minute, and only heard while on the bike. i originally thought it was the ring on my key in the bike but that was not the case. is this normal? thanks in advance.

2008 cbr600rr 4000 miles.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Nope, not normal.

When was the last time you cleaned and lubed the chain?

·
Registered
295 Posts
i have this problem too... but it was just the clutch lever that is kinda loose so when i go up to higher rpm the vibration makes the sound. u can try lightly pushing down on ur clutch lever at high rpm's, the noise should go away. 2¢
I havnt really try to tighten any bolt on the lever because I have a set of aftermarket lever on the mail.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nico, i regularly maintain my chain. the noise is definitely from somewhere upfront, so, ngengok99, you might be right. ill check when i go ride here shortly. that sounds like the area it could be coming from. lets hope thats the case.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was not a vibrating clutch. really baffled. i notice that my windscreen gets some vibe noises that i can dampen by pressing down on the top while moving, so perhaps its a variation of this? ill try to make a sound clip ( if it will pick it up ) and perhaps you experts ( you nico! )can pinpoint whats the deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts