Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was doing a burnout on my 600rr.. well i was holding the rpms at a steady 6k. and the temp went from 221...230...240 to 250. i cooled her down after 250. the oil/water light came on... but she still runs good i know it's not good to hit 250.... and i dont plan on doing it regularly and i dont plan on doing it again!...basically how bad is it to hit 250 on our bikes? it didnt stay there tho.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
i thought it was supposed to shut off at 240. if you run that high a temperature, you risk warping your head, especially if you cool it down too quickly. best to keep the bike running at low rpms to allow the head to cool down to normal temps

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
RTFM!!!

everybike is different, and every place has a different temp, everyone has a different riding style.

K

·
0 Posts
whilst riding, i think the hottest i've ever seen was 80*C... stop and go and stop and go i've seen 106. big whoop. fan keeps it below that.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have definately hit 235º before. It was on a group ride through back roads to Summit Point, I was riding 2up and I think it has alot to do with that. Plus it was swelting out, it was around 101º plus high humidity.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I live in south west Florida and in traffic it'll get around 225. Two days ago for the first time it got up to 238. I have had the bike for two years and never seen it get above 225 and it wasn't even that hot that day. I have been watching it closely since then and it has been normal. I think my fan didn't kick on or something.

·
Registered
688 Posts
hey toyotafj40s, mine has been getting up really high lately and i found out that the fan wasnt working. Would you have any idea why? I checked the fuses and the connections and they seem fine.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
216 on my r6... yes in traffic.. your bike isnt running right bro..wtf 250??

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah 250 but u guys didnt read. i was doing a burnout sitting still for about ~4 minutes :toothy4: and i got it all on vid... but it's too big to put up on the internets :( (youtube)

about ur fan... it comes on at 221*F. your motor might have gone bad on ur fan?

im swapping my antifreeze coolanol crap out (only had it in for 2 months) for some distilled water and water wetter. will this make it run cooler?

i hit 221-225 DAILY in traffic just idling. i hate it!

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
i'm so glad this thread came up, i was just wondering how hot these things normally run, i too cruise at 178 in cool weather and sitting after a "spirited" two up ride i was at 224 and i was kinda worried but now i'm relieved!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts