Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well, maybe not your bike but the HM Plant bike.

I was watching the 2005 British Superbike races last night (never watched it before) and the commentator (sp?) kept saying, "Oh, listen to the sound of that Yamaha R1, it's just so fast....oh wait, what's this???" Honda HM PLant bursts past the Yamaha and the Ducati in the straight away like they're standing still. Then the commentator continues and says, "...but the Honda HM Plant has so much power as it slips past the Yamaha".

I've seen Yamahas, Suzukis, and Ducatis pull pretty hard, but I've never seen a 1000RR Honda pull THAT HARD!!!

I don't know what the HM Plant did to their bikes but inquiring minds want to replicate.....hahaha:icon_lol:

On a side note, the British Superbike is WWAAAAYYY more exciting than SBK or AMA imo. I mean, these guys are aggressive riders, and that's probably an understatement. You thought that move Rossi pulled on Sete was bad last year, that's nothing compared to what they do in British Superbike. Go buy one. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
i'd like to get some racing dvds...but motogp seasons go for around 30+ bucks at stores i've seen them in. any good links to bike dvds for cheap, or is good ol' ebay my best bet ya think?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AlpineJim said:
Where did you catch the British SBK races.. t.v./website?
A little fairy placed them on my pillow, if you know what I mean.:icon_lol:

No, I didn't download them.

But seriously guys, you guys need to check out these races. Crazy, I tell ya!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nellA said:
Ryuichi Kiyonari!!!
That's the guy!!!

This 22 yr old is so fast!!! Don't be surprised if you see him in MotoGP next year.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nellA said:
kiyo rode for camel honda when bayliss was hurt and got spanked...it was only one race though
Yeah, but he needed more experience and I think the British Superbike did just that for him.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The 2005 HM Plant Honda's are 'basically' extremely well sorted 1000RR's running HRC kit parts - the 04 bikes were virtually full HRC bikes but last years were not quite as trick I believe. However they are still the closest you will see to a factory 1000RR at this time - Ten Kate go their own way with their WSBK bikes and I think Honda US did the same (not sure if they jumped or were pushed)

Don't forget they get the whole weight of Michelin behind them too.

Kiyonari/Rutter were odds on for the title last year but Kiyonari had a few offs which cost him points and Rutter struggled through some injuries that were worse than the team would admit - he rode one race weekend with 2 cracked collarbones!! End result was that Ducati bagged the championship and what looked like a Honda benefit turned into a good scrap.

ps Highsides bike looks the mutz nutz.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Ducati team had some great riders.

Oh, btw, thanks for ruining it for me. I didn't finish watching it yet.....hahaha

·
What ever its supposed to be....
907 Posts
Nemesis said:
A little fairy placed them on my pillow, if you know what I mean.:icon_lol:

No, I didn't download them.

But seriously guys, you guys need to check out these races. Crazy, I tell ya!
A bit slow today I guess, but, no I don't know what you mean. I'd like to check it out, but don't know where to go.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
there was a guy pitted next to me at Barber this past weekend with an HM Plant replica RR, any chance it was somebody from here?

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
i believe the implication of the topic was that Highside101 (member) owns a replica of the HM Plant BSB bike that is really fast

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Coyote said:
Post em up!
I wish I knew how. I have a DVD copy so if you want to walk me through it I will.

i believe the implication of the topic was that Highside101 (member) owns a replica of the HM Plant BSB bike that is really fast
That is correct.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can someone explain to me why they run these races twice? They should just run it once like MotoGP.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
airforce101t said:
gotcha...i missed it...i'm dense :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts