Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all the bike is starting and running as normal, no problems. Trouble is, the HISS light is on constantly. Key out, key in, engine running.. Makes no difference, the light still stays on. Have tried disabling the light(as per user manual, press and hold left dash button) but still the light stays on.
Just worried there may be a problem with the HISS and don't want the bike packing up on me when i'm miles from home.
Anyone know anything about this?

D

·
0 Posts
Take it to a dealership so that the HISS system can be tested. Unfortunately, there is no real way without the special tools to see if the HISS system is fine or has a fault in it.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
First of all the bike is starting and running as normal, no problems. Trouble is, the HISS light is on constantly. Key out, key in, engine running.. Makes no difference, the light still stays on. Have tried disabling the light(as per user manual, press and hold left dash button) but still the light stays on.
Just worried there may be a problem with the HISS and don't want the bike packing up on me when i'm miles from home.
Anyone know anything about this?
Your pretty much screwed when it comes to the HISS system unfortunately as it uses a coded transponder in the key to talk to a micro controller in the gauges, there are a multitude of things that can go wrong with it and nothing you can do to work out what one is causing the issue.

Take it to the dealership and have them test it (they will plug it into a computer)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts