Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant figure out here this hissing sound is coming from. I hear it when I am on the throttle, just cruising. I can hear my exhaust and behind the sound is this hiss. if I hold the clutch in the sound stops. The exhaust doesnt leak as I checked the sealant and everything and its all good.

what would cause this hiss? My clutch doesnt feel worn at all or shift hard so I dont think that would be it.. what about fuel pump? or Air intake??

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It might be the sound of the chain. If you listen to most bikes with chain drive you can hear it. Try lubing up the chain and see if it lessens. Probably won't go away completely though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it's the chain because the sound stops when I squeeze in my clutch lever. The chain is brand spanking new and I keep it well lubes. It also did this before the new chain.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Ah yes, I forgot that pulling the clutch made it go away. It still could be in the chain though, because when the clutch is in there isn't any torque on the chain.

Do you hear the hiss when accelerating and decelerating? (clutch engaged, in gear)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah but only when giving it throttle or holding it steady. If I let off and let it decellerate it doesn't do t

1 - 5 of 5 Posts