Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit a deer today around 3PM (deer was a doe that weighed around 120 lbs).. i was out riding all day and i fortunately put the bike up because i had to take my dads flat tire on his jeep down to my buddy at the Toyota service center to put a plug in it.. I got my truck put the tire in the back. I was heading down a back road doing about 55 MPH and a deer darted out in front of me.. I hit the deer with the front right of my "cow catcher" on the front of my truck. Truck spun facing the woods on the right hand side of the road.. I corrected it spinning the truck around in a 180 and i never went off the road. I even kept the truck running. Pretty amazing driving if you ask me. As for the truck... i broke the driving light lens cover-- $10 part, blew the driving light bulb, blew the directional bulb- Free from my buddy, it put a small dent in the fender next to the headlight.. Hardly any damage at all. The front guard took all the force killed the deer on impact too.. but pretty amazing driving on my part i think making the incredible save and keeping the truck runing.. 180 in the road at 55 mph on a 2 lane rural road with woods on each side about 5 feet off the road..

If you guys want pics of the damage to see how minimal it was ill put them up.. It was pretty amazing..

Im just really glad it was the truck and not the bike...

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Here is the only damage at all to the truck..
only reason that damage occured is cause that part of the guard pushed back a bit into the quarter panel..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, good idea. My friend's fiance hit a moose once in Canada, messed up the car a little more than your deer.
:elefant:

On a side note, did you put the deer in your truck to take to the local butcher shop???

I just had vennison for the first time a couple weeks ago and damn was it good.

And is that legal in NY?

·
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i know.. a county sheriff went by like 1 minute after i hit it too.. he didnt stop..

my truck is a 94 toyota...

BUILT TOYOTA TOUGH!!!!

i got a freezer still full of venison from last falls deer season. Turkey season starts in 2 days here in NY.. im gonna blast me some turkeys Saturday!!

·
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
in NY you need to file a police report for the accident.. then it is up to the cop that writes the report and sometimes DEC if you get the deer.. usually you dont get it though...

the deer was folded in half by the way.. hit it real hard...

·
Registered
347 Posts
my boy hit a 1200' pound moose the other day with his produce truck...dude didn't even have a scratch, his truck was totalled and the moose is now in someones freezer. also i went to school in upstate NY and have family in the 'cuse area, i have not seen so many deer in my life. they pop out of everywhere and you can see carcas after carcas on the roads up there...wow nature sucks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was thinkning I was going to see the aftermath of a deer vs 600RR

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have two deer under my belt so far. one in my current toy, Mcoupe, and one in my gti vr6 a few years back. got lucky with the bmw. took it to a place to pop a dent out the size of a softball. the gti wasn't so fortunate.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
MDK600rr said:
Damn, that thing just expolded.

Deer Suck. I've killed over a half dozen of them. Brush guards do help though. I Nailed one with my old Range Rover with the brush guard doing 65, Didn't even have a chance to hit the breaks. That deer set a distance record for flight. I punted that thing at least 100+ feet before it hit the ground. Minimal damage to the Rover.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts