Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike hit a milestone today... 16K miles on the odometer, that is! LOL I've only owned it for the past 600 miles but haven't yet posted any really good pics so I figured I'd share. It's a 2004, bone stock except for the Jardine exhaust and flushmount signals/integrated tail. I love the color, just posting these pics makes me want to go out and ride it. Best $3,500 I've EVER spent!

And yes, my bike lives a pampered life on stands in the garage with my 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Nice bike, I picked my 03 up with same colour scheme but 30000km for $1200. Was stock except for exhaust. Now it is completely different. :p

·
Registered
208 Posts
Awesome, congrats

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
By far the best color scheme for the 03 to 06 imo. The silver belly rly compliments the blue

·
Registered
966 Posts
Nice, now go change your spark plugs! :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments! I bought this bike from a Navy SEAL candidate so it was meticulously maintained. He replaced the fluids, plugs, air cleaner, battery, and tires before I even showed up to look at it. In other words, he took care of it the same way I will. Gotta love that!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Umm yeah....how many people do you know who mount their own tires? Thats why you double check shops work. And you went 4 months like that when you should have double checked everything when you first got it so you have to take back what you said about yourself too.
Had a buddy go from new to worn with a front pilot power backwards. It happens.

Edit: tire tread in pics on this thread are different then your linked thread?

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Don't feel to bad man. When I was doing all my wintertime work, I mounted my rear backwards on accident. Had everything layed out. Know about direction of travel/rotation, and I must have flipped the tire when I was adding a little soapy water to the bead, and tossed it on, balanced it, and even mounted it. It wasn't till I was taking pics of my (not so) fine work, that I noticed it. FMFL.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Umm yeah....how many people do you know who mount their own tires? Thats why you double check shops work. And you went 4 months like that when you should have double checked everything when you first got it so you have to take back what you said about yourself too.
Had a buddy go from new to worn with a front pilot power backwards. It happens.

Edit: tire tread in pics on this thread are different then your linked thread?
Oh I always do stupid things like this, it's the simplest mistakes that frustrate me the most. As hard as I try to be thorough, I always seem to overlook one thing. You should see how long it takes me to change my oil! LOL

And yes, this thread and the linked thread are the same bike, same tires, same configuration.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts