Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I refuse to post this in the Crash Bang Boom forum because it doesnt really fit there and I dont want to become another statistic...lol. So i went to the bank today and parked my bike right in front. When i come out a whole bunch of people are outside and someone yells to me... DUDE someone knocked down your bike... I'm like WFT. It turns out that the pick up truck, F150, parked in front of me backed into my bike and knocked it over. Ofcouse with my luck, he quickly pulled out of the spot and ran. Some lady gave caught the first 3 letters of the license plate, not sure what i can do with those but i got them. I got a police report and thats that. I only have liability to the damage is on me, unless i find the idiot.
The extent of the damage is: Cluth lever, left mid, left engine cover, Tail section, front left blinker, kick stand, and i hope thats all... have to inspect it more carefully later.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Dam, man that sucks. I try and park away from cages but sometimes you have too. Hope the damage is not any more then what you listed.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
i hate ppl who dont own up to what they have done by accident. Can you explain a lil more how he was parked infront of you and backed up into you but you were parked up front at the bank. not trying to make you out as the problem just trying to figure out what happen so I do not do the same

sorry about your ride

dmv or someone should be able to figure out the dude by the first 3 letters of the plate. and dont banks have cameras outside seeing they are a bank. ask them to help you out with tapes and stuff. i wouldnt rest till this dude freaking pays

·
Registered
90 Posts
That sucks donkey balls. When I park my bike, I try to park it so cars around the bike can see it. I used to just put the bike anywhere in the parking space, but this one lady in a big SUV didn't see the bike behind her car and almost hit it. (that was partly my fault because the bike was almost hidden from her behind the car.) Good thing I was standing next to the bike and yelled at her in time to stop. After that incident, I try to park the bike in sight of the mirrors.

·
Registered
351 Posts
that sucks bro.
Two Things:
1:the police should run the surounding cameras to see if one got anything
2:even with the 3numbers theycan still track down the car since you know it is an f 150, once they do that if the guy/girl says they have no clue what you are tlaking about, Run the tapes and see the truck leaving at around that time

Now if the police decides to give you any **** and say this is too much work...Get a lawyer and go from there.They will know what to do. and no State office,insurance comp. ect. like lawyers...bad rep. on them as everything is written in local papers.

Good Luck

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
farbio615 said:
i hate ppl who dont own up to what they have done by accident. Can you explain a lil more how he was parked infront of you and backed up into you but you were parked up front at the bank. not trying to make you out as the problem just trying to figure out what happen so I do not do the same

Well the bike was parked right by the crosswalk. Between the crosewalk and the parked vehicle. I made sure that he had sufficient room to get out of his spot. I checked how much room he had in the front of his car. I gave him more then enough room to back up - without hitting my bike - and to leave. Still managed to hit me.

As to the bank cameras, I called the bank and asked if they have cameras in that spot. They told me that they do not. I really hope they "POPOS" get to this fucker, so that i can take a hammer to his ride!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well. If he banks there, then you know he will be back on payday. They would have a record of deposits around the time of the accident, and that could be cross referenced with a list of potential vehicles from the 3 letters you have from the plate. If the police, or your lawyer are willing to press it that far. Don't know what kind of resistance the bank is going to give you about giving up deposit records. GL, nost of these don't get found. I hope that karma is saving up for that guy.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I feel your pain 2 weeks ago some hit my bike with me on it and the ass took off so I am stuck with a 2 month old bike with a bent frame and all the broken plastics. Good luck finding the @ss

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
hmm..

Also... Not sure how large of a bank this is, but I know at my bank, the ladies at the drive thru portion know me very well, even though it is a larger bank. You may have a chance of asking them if they know someone who drives a vehicle with that description... that is... if the bank isn't too large.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
i would just give it time and go there every now and then. If you do end up finding him I would ask him to pay, if he doesnt, then a week or so later I would pour brake fluid on his roof, both doors, hood.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for all your advice... Cops in Bayonne are very lazy, and i think the investigation will get nowhere

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's all about what you are willing to do. From what it sounds like you have a crap load of possibilites to find this guy and just have exhaust those. It's kinda hard to believe a bank doesn't have a camera covering every inch of it's perimeter, but if it is how they say, at least you know your path when you want to rob the place! Oh also, if there was an ATM out front, they take pictures every few seconds so another possibility. If I were you, I would go back to the bank and talk to the manager in person, maybe pressure him/her a little bit until they either genuinely can't help, or they give in. The time inside can also be used as a means to rob the joint lol just messin.

Dan

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maverik said:
It's all about what you are willing to do. From what it sounds like you have a crap load of possibilites to find this guy and just have exhaust those. It's kinda hard to believe a bank doesn't have a camera covering every inch of it's perimeter, but if it is how they say, at least you know your path when you want to rob the place! Oh also, if there was an ATM out front, they take pictures every few seconds so another possibility. If I were you, I would go back to the bank and talk to the manager in person, maybe pressure him/her a little bit until they either genuinely can't help, or they give in. The time inside can also be used as a means to rob the joint lol just messin.

Dan
HAHA.... Thats exactly how i felt when I called them to ask if they have cameras in that spot. It sounded like i need to know in order to rob them! lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts