Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit the rev limiter this weekend for the first time and scared the $*!t out of myself the bike lost power and threw me forward suddenly wasnt prepared for that at all. Bad thing is I was going from second to third and about to grab the gear so I was a little suprised when that happened.

·
Registered
526 Posts
yup, same thing happened to me also

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Kensaku said:
Today I took a big s**t and it smelled more than I expected.

:spit:

·
Registered
391 Posts
bilabong73 said:
I hit the rev limiter this weekend for the first time and scared the $*!t out of myself the bike lost power and threw me forward suddenly wasnt prepared for that at all. Bad thing is I was going from second to third and about to grab the gear so I was a little suprised when that happened.
For what its worth, you need to be shifting earlier. 1) You're well past optimal power output by the time the limiter kicks in. 2) There is no need to rev the bike to that point on the road especially for a 2nd/3rd shift. 3) Unless your're leaned over in a corner on the track and can't grab a new gear until exit there is no reason to run the bike to redline ever. Power is already dropping off at that point and you're rpms after the shift are not going to be optimal for drive upon corner exit/shift.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Don't our bikes make max power at about 12.5k anyway?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it has nothing to do with power or racing a bunch of kids were riding in a car next to me not letting me over so I went to go by them and got caught looking at surroundings changing lanes and didnt think about what the bike was doing. it was a situation with a car full of kids out on a saturday night playing around and I wanted away from the situation.

·
Registered
544 Posts
bilabong73 said:
No it has nothing to do with power or racing a bunch of kids were riding in a car next to me not letting me over so I went to go by them and got caught looking at surroundings changing lanes and didnt think about what the bike was doing. it was a situation with a car full of kids out on a saturday night playing around and I wanted away from the situation.
ok you said you were gonna grab 3 after second? wtf? i dunno of many cars that are fkn with a bike at 100mph? there is no need to go around a car that fast? i could go around a car in 5th gear and kick there ass?

just tryn to help a lil bit!
not meaning to flame!

·
Registered
998 Posts
I like the "red zone" CBRbob, even though I know that's not the optimum pt to shift...
What I was saying is that when you enter the red zone, the fuel is cut off instantly (I know, for my own good...).

I think our bikes peak at 13-13.5k, so that'd leave you with 1.5-2k of play.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
bilabong73 said:
Ohhhh YEAH!

Only ever did this in my car. It is a strange feeling for sure, hang on. :smile:

Jason

·
Registered
165 Posts
Keep in mind that it take about a milisecond to from 13,500 to 15,000 in the lower gears.

I think you need to get a feel for the bike so you knows when to change gears without looking. If you are running flat out in traffic you better be watching everything but the tach, and if you can't do that, don't go flat out in traffic. :idea:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts