Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
Check your left clip on and see if it's maxed out forward. Sounds like it moved on you and you didn't notice it. T

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just picked up the bike yesterday afternoon actually! and they are aftermarket clip ons, not sure what kind. thanks for the tip though that does sound like a reasonable solution.. didnt even think to rotate the clip ons haha

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
Aftermarket you can adjust them where you would like them to be. T

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Aftermarket clip ons. Stock or race plastic?

My clip-ons barely clear the plastic but no matter where you move them, your fingers won't fit while turning the bars lock to lock.

If you're using the bike for racing, you might want to cut the ram air covers off the tank plastic which will give you more room. If you're riding on the street, I'd go back to stock clip-ons.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right, no track on oahu anymore, just stock plastics. but last night i put 2 "buildthetrack" stickers on my bike :)

sounds like you're talking about hitting the opposite side though, the nose fairing?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
No, the ram air covers.

As you turn to the right, right bar towards the tank, As it gets closer to the tank, it will start smashing your fingers cause the ram air cover starts to come upward as it gets closer to the tank. Same on the left side.

Just makes it tough for manuvering through parking lots and such. It's just a personal preference though, if you like them, keep-em.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i tried adjusting the clip ons and even borrowed an adjustable clutch lever, i cant get it to a point where the controls wont hit the ram air cover and the lever wont hit the nose. only on the left side btw. any other ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts