Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i've broken a few chains, i've pressed a few also. but for some reason i feel like this one just isn't correct... it isn't binding so i don't think its too tight but i usually get more roll on the rivet edges. but when i was pressing it i actually broke the anvil with my he-man super strength and a 3/8ths drive socket? so im kinda up in the air. im willing to take any opinions.

id rather re-do it then have it break while riding.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
i would definitely rather re-do it than have it fail while riding! from the pic tho it looks like a good install. if you have doubts just zip it off and start over. link is only a 5 dollar part, broken case and or shredded leg cause of chain flying off.........priceless.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
i would definitely rather re-do it than have it fail while riding! from the pic tho it looks like a good install. if you have doubts just zip it off and start over. link is only a 5 dollar part, broken case and or shredded leg cause of chain flying off.........priceless.
:+1::iamwith: If you are even the least bit concerned about it then just re do it.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i totally understand the logic you guys are saying. I feel the same way. i just did it the exact same way ive done every other chain and it just doesnt look the same, but ive never used this chain brand before either.

thanks for the input.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Looks good to me mate, do you have a set of verniers? If so measure the width of the flare and compare it to another pin, it only needs to be around 1mm or so larger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts