Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have the oportunity of getting an 05 R1 for 7-8k. There's no problems with it. Never been wrecked or dropped. This guy at work got it from one of his illegal alien friends who had to sell it because he got deported for drugs or something. I think it has about 4,000 miles on it.

The only down side is it needs new tires and is completely chromed out. Frame, rims, swingarm. I'm not really into the chrome thing. It does come with flushmounts, a GPR slip on and a blue tinted windscreen though.

Would you guys jump on this? I could probley turn around and sell it for 10k but I'm not sure if I should. What would you do?

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
IF you can buy it ride it for afew month till the 2007 RR comes out and then turn around and sell it and make some money then by all means go for it and best of luck

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Even if nothing seems wrong with it on the surface, I would never buy anything that belonged to questionable people. I mean, can you really believe a drug dealer if he says the bike was never dropped, etc?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I dont think he said it was a drug dealer, but if the bike is properly registered and has all the documentation go for it.

N

·
0 Posts
The first thing I would check is the rear passenger seat. If it looks used he most likely had his whole family and relatives on the back of that bike....hahahaha

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get the VIN and run it through your local PD. Then buck up for a carfax if applicable. Make sure there are also no liens on the title.

·
Registered
593 Posts
1. Chrome sucks.
2. Sounds sketchy.
3. A drug dealer?
4. Deported.
5. You want to buy somthing that was owned by a drug dealer?
6. It was most likely stolen.
7. Wait for 07 when the 600RR is new and the R1 is new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts