Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/mcn/2007/september/sep3-9/sep0307neilhodgsonforhondainama/?&R=EPI-94247

This is great news for American and Honda fans but I am a little bit disappointed that he didn't get the Ten Kate ride. Kiyonari is all but certain to have one of the seats and I hope another one goes to Johnny Rea. Otherwise Rea will probably join Xerox Ducati.

Anyway I imagine Honda was going to make the official announcement at their dealer show this week (along with the unveiling of the new 1000RR and a few other models...). I kind of hope they go with 3 bikes for next year and keep Zemke and Duhamel but who knows. I'd like to see those two guys have a chance to vindicate themselves next year on the new bike.

·
Registered
842 Posts
That is great news. Next year should be fun to watch.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Would have been a better move to go to Ten Kate, but you can understand him not wanting to get caught without a ride again!

·
Registered
921 Posts
It looks like Ten Kate will be running Sofuoglu and Kiyonari on their WSB bikes next year - signing Hodgson might have been difficult politically with HRC as Kiyonari is one of their favourites and Sofuoglu might have already had promises etc on the basis of winning WSS.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would have liked to see Hodgson with Tk, but he really likes the U.S. and we are fortunate to have him here.

Now, if we can just get Mat to leave....

·
Registered
921 Posts
As a brit it's nice to see one of our riders be so warmly welcomed in an overseas race series, and have earned that respect through decent on-track performances.

Fingers crossed he has a good 2008 season on the new 1000RR, he's vastly experienced which will help with it's development.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I hope American Honda will take the parts and advice offered by the factory

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I hope American Honda will take the parts and advice offered by the factory
the problem with working with HRC is that you have to take what they give you and run it like it is. Adjustments are basically limited to turning nobs with an HRC rep looking over your shoulder to make sure your not doing anything they don't want you to do.

to beat the Suzuki's requires a little more creativity than HRC will allow

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the problem with working with HRC is that you have to take what they give you and run it like it is. Adjustments are basically limited to turning nobs with an HRC rep looking over your shoulder to make sure your not doing anything they don't want you to do.

to beat the Suzuki's requires a little more creativity than HRC will allow
Not to mention the HRC kit is expensivo.

Maybe HRC kitted bikes would be able to beat Suzuki, maybe not, who knows. The team manager did say that they will be collaborating more with Ten Kate in developing the new bike.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
nope, HRC kits wouldn't help them. The biggest advantage of the HRC kit is the engine and the Honda is already very fast in a straight line doing it themselves. They're much better off working a program similar to Ten Kate. Its the stupid little things that makes HRC a PITA. I think it was Miguel that didn't like the footpeg positioning of the HRC rearsets but HRC wouldn't let them modify the rearsets or use anything else.

I think they liked the HRC suspension package, but again, they could only do so much with it

Also, the HRC kit required an Akra exhaust (it might still, not sure) but American Honda was sponsored by Jardine. HRC wouldn't let them use a Jardine exhaust so they had to put a Jardine sticker on their HRC/Akra cans. Jardine was pissed, the team was pissed, HRC didn't give a sh!t.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
are they still retaining the services of the old man Duhamel? American Honda needs young blood to ride their bikes, they'd better send old man out to pasture.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts