Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know if any1 else finds this awkward to do, but im havin trouble gettin the throttle all the way on because

the whole rotation of the throttle is either too far, or

the throttle is postioned wrong on my handle bar ?

i find when ive got it on flat out, my elbow is right down, a bit uncomfortable when doin so....

any suggestions or solutions?

i know movin the whole thing up and around my handlebars would be one solution, im finkin shortenin my throttle rotation or travel from off to fully on?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
336 Posts
or BRG 1/5 throttle. 30 bucks for the part that you can probably make for a few bucks. Still though, if you don't want to go through with finding materials to make it then its not bad. Still a lot cheaper than the HRC kits.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
i know movin the whole thing up and around my handlebars would be one solution, im finkin shortenin my throttle rotation or travel from off to fully on?
Rotating the stock assembly around the handlebars won't do anything. It's still 1/4 turn from 0-100% throttle. Get the HRC or BRG kit to change it to 1/5 turn. I have the HRC kit and it made a huge difference.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did a search for the brg, which is cheaper, but it was listed for rc51 900rr only, who does them for an 03 600rr?

thanks

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
yeah i always hate that

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I assume you have adjusted ALL the slack out of your throttle cables ?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did a search for brg kit, but they only listed one's for rc51 & 900rr.....does any1 know where i can to fit my 03?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm in the uk, so i'll e-mail instead.

for some idea of how much travel my throttle will have or which one to go buy, wot does 1/4, 1/5, or 1/6 mean cos it seems to range with hrc and brg?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so im gettin it all slowly, but when ive gone to look at the hrc 1/6 it is sayin that the light swtich is missing? A 1000rr one can be used?

wot do i need all together to use this on for road use?

does any1 know of a full road package with a 1/4 throttle?

any1 know of any other manufacturers as i think id need a 1/4 throttle, and i wont be makin my own...havnt got the brains or patients!

thanks again!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts