Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Which choice most accurately describes your budgeting situation?

• 50% or more goes to savings

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • 25-50% is put into savings

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • 10-25% is saved

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • <10% gets put away

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • In debt. - yay

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Currently have loans through a bank (other than home loan)

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Have money in 401k or other retirement (and under 25 years old)

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Like most Americans im an Ower. I can't save anything with this economy, barely getting hours at work. I need to change my voicemail to say "If you are a bill collector and trying to reach me, I will be unavailable until further notice. If you happen to get paid, shoot me a txt we can celebrate and be surprised together!"

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like most Americans im an Ower. I can't save anything with this economy, barely getting hours at work. I need to change my voicemail to say "If you are a bill collector and trying to reach me, I will be unavailable until further notice. If you happen to get paid, shoot me a txt we can celebrate and be surprised together!"

Yes, I learn life lessons through my gf.

MY name is the one that goes on apartment applications, along with my soc #

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
I'm in a weird situation, I have decent savings in 401k, savings accounts and IRAs but I am in debt. If I were to use all of my money I have saved up I would be completely debt free with a little bit left over.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in a weird situation, I have decent savings in 401k, savings accounts and IRAs but I am in debt. If I were to use all of my money I have saved up I would be completely debt free with a little bit left over.

how old are you? late 20's? debt now is much better than debt later.

besides, you can't enjoy your RR when you're 60, usually. (I apologize to all the 60 year old track junkies on the site

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
how old are you? late 20's? debt now is much better than debt later.

besides, you can't enjoy your RR when you're 60, usually. (I apologize to all the 60 year old track junkies on the site
I'm 24 right now, I figure I have to enjoy the crazy times in my life before I do something stupid like get married and have kids :tard:.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used to be a spender, but with this economy and 2 kids I am becoming a saver. Unfortunately part of the saving involves selling the RR soon and taking a year off........ughh

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have been putting 10% in a week in a 401k for for about 13yrs, about another 15% after taxes into savings, and several thousand a year in a Roth. the only thing I owe money on is my house. I pay cash for everything else. I do not make a big salary, but it is a comfortable amount, although, as the years have gone on I have kept the same percentages, so even when I was only making $30K a year, I was still saving money. My close friends call me the cheapest bastard they every knew. Yet, I still buy whatever I want, whenever I REALLY want it, but I wait and and find a deal for cash.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been putting 10% in a week in a 401k for for about 13yrs, about another 15% after taxes into savings, and several thousand a year in a Roth. the only thing I owe money on is my house. I pay cash for everything else. I do not make a big salary, but it is a comfortable amount, although, as the years have gone on I have kept the same percentages, so even when I was only making $30K a year, I was still saving money. My close friends call me the cheapest bastard they every knew. Yet, I still buy whatever I want, whenever I REALLY want it, but I wait and and find a deal for cash.
you, sir, are exactly the same as myself, but I have yet to enter the career oriented work force. I bought my CBR for $2K because I refused to take out an unsecured loan to ride something I didn't need. I adjust my lifestyle to what I make in income, and I always keep a constant amount going to my Roth IRA and into savings accounts that get turned into CD's. as long as I can afford to keep the bike, I'm good.---------------- Now playing: Evans Blue - The Promise And The Threat via FoxyTunes

·
Registered
372 Posts
i'm 21 and medicaly retired from the marine corps. i am on a fixed income so i have to be wise with my money. i am debt free and have began the process of buying a house. i also save about 20% of my income. i'm not the average 21 year old i realize. it's just me and my dog and i live alone. my bike is still mostly stock b/c i didn't do any mods while i still owed on it. but now that it's paid off, that monthly payment is still going into it. hope to have a pretty sweet bike one day.

·
Registered
149 Posts
32 and in debt out my butt! It sucks, but to keep my boy racing there's few options. I try to minimize it as much as possible.

·
Registered
88 Posts
At 23 I save some when I've got some extra dough but for the most part the budget is tight. I figure I've got plenty of time to build up that nest egg.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts