Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized recently that it is sort of a pain in the ass to work on my bike (the left side) with it on the kickstand, so I had some free time and decided to make a stand and some spools. I made the stand with just some scrap steel tubing laying around the shop. It might look like small tubing but it is really thick wall and pretty sturdy. The spools I made from aluminum blanks on the lathe. They look kinda chewed up already from being used once or twice. Not really worried about it though; I'm only going to use them and the stand when I need to work on it. Just thought I'd share!

Attachments

·
TRUST NO ONE
279 Posts
Nice work....if it's just to work on the bike when those spools get tore up just use big screws/ bolts that fit into the hole on the swing arm....we do it all the time cause some guys don't use spools...nice work my man..

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
nice man. i would weld a loop for a handle so it will be easier to life it up and down. other wise very nice

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
very nice job man

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
i love when people take it upon themselves and make what it is they need.

good job man.

i had some extra lexan bar stock, ( round bar )

it was lexan not plexy glass, haha.

i was trying to make spools out of it but i was not patient enough with the lathe and kept chipping and cracking the lexan. i ended up just buy some cheap ones haha.

you should get a pipe bending and make a new stand that is a little more pleasing to look at. you can do it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts