Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Honda 599 didn't do so well here in the States, and I'm not surprised. Overpriced and budget parts. The SV650 has been successful with budget parts, but the fun-for-your-dollar factor is higher due to a low price.

Enter the redesigned Honda Hornet 600, available in Europe this year.

Adjustable suspension (finally) on USD forks, and rumor has it that it will be priced more competitively if it ever makes it to the US as a 2006 model.

If they can indeed get it closer to SV pricing, this may very well mark my return to street riding. (Actually, it would be this, or a DRZ400SM motard, or the also-rumored-to-come-in-2006 Honda FMX650 "motard-lite".)

More :

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Very popular in europe...
A best seller in Italy.
Did you know it has the same engine has the 97's CBR600F3?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
That was one of the bikes I looked at for tooling around town. I think it looks pretty sharp and prob' cheaper maintenance than the Ducati.....much cheaper.

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
and if you replace the ECU with the f3 ECU's you'll be able to do more RPM's

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, very popular all around the world EXCEPT in the USA. It's a shame that Honda of America does not offer a good standard bike for the 2005 model year.

Here's the FMX650 that I mentioned. Available in some European markets this year; rumored for release in America in 2006. (Once again, Honda is late to the party. Suzuki already beat them to the supermotard game here with the 2005 DRZ400SM.)

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
i had a 599 it was a good daily rider got at a good price well under the 5000 price tag
good bike i had fun but had to let it go because the power or lack of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts