Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the paint code for Honda black. 2003 if it makes any difference. I would look myself but the bike is at home and I'm at work. I need it so I can get the lowers painted today. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
2003 Black code

On the bike is says NH1, but I was told it is NH1Z. I dont know what diff the Z makes. I got some paint for mine and i took the bike to the shop and they used some camera to match the paint.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well since his question is answered, I'm looking to paint my lowers on my 03, and I remeber reading that flat black with a gloss coat of rattle can looks perfect? It seemed a little too simple so would I have to have a shop paint it with the right black? I also assumed blacks are pretty much all the same as long as they're clear coated...?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't go that far as saying they are pretty much the same. It all depends on what you want. Something that kinda matches or something thats close or the same color. I guess for how much I'm paying for this it's worth it by far.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well if im gonna shell out to have a shop paint it, im sure as hell not gonna pick black..... If It looks nearly factory ( I mean it doesent have to be *perfect*) but not look mismatched or cheesy... then i would much prefer to spray paint it myself. I have free Rustoleum at my work so its either free or however much it costs to have a car painting place spray em..... any thoughts?

please dont make me start my own thread....

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
phaderlanx said:
Well if im gonna shell out to have a shop paint it, im sure as hell not gonna pick black..... If It looks nearly factory ( I mean it doesent have to be *perfect*) but not look mismatched or cheesy... then i would much prefer to spray paint it myself. I have free Rustoleum at my work so its either free or however much it costs to have a car painting place spray em..... any thoughts?

please dont make me start my own thread....
I painted mine with Krylon fushion and flat clear. It matches the frame and side covers nearly perfectly. It wasn't even close to matching the gloss black of the fairings. Check out my gallery for some pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts