Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have my HONDA/chase visa card.. that I use for everything lol..

its the credit card that I have the best apr, and actually is still0% till like july or something.. so I use as my primary cc

·
Registered
856 Posts
You can use it for bikes, parts, accessories, gear, tires and repairs at most Honda dealers. Some dealers have a minimum tho for purchases on the card. Not mine tho. I have bought Mods, Lids, Jackets, Boots, Oil, Honda Polish and paid for Labor on installation of a few Mods with it. Just make sure to pay it off as fast as possible. I was considering buying a Quad with it at one point as well, but my wife wants me to wait and use it on a Wave Runner down the road.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Im in college and dont have too high of an income so I just buy what I can afford, too many people getting out of school and having large credit card bills along with student loans and going broke.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i've got one....still in the shipping envelope in my filing cabinet. interest is too high. I guess I should cut it up b/c I will not use it.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Nothing wrong with having a Credit Card if you are a smart spender and have good financial sense. They come in handy for unexpected things.

if your a "smart spender and have good financial sense" then you would have the cash for "unexpected things"!!!

telling people credit cards are good is just ignorant...and before you credit card junkies bash me.....I know there are some people that use credit cards and pay them off quick...blah...blah...blah... but those people are far & few!!!

credit card companies are crooks....Nothing more.... and giving 20 year old's advice to go into debt & get credit cards just pisses me off.
I've learned the hard way....i was one of them people who "paid them off early" and still got bit!!!

You DO NOT need revolving crdit to by a house either so save the BullSh!t for somebody else!

my 2 cents.......

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ya so anyways...Everyone who has a credit card doesn't wind up in debt up to their ears and filing for bankruptcy. You can get one, keep the balance low and paid on time and build your credit. Good credit is very important. Unless you can save up $25000 in cash and buy a car outright and not need to take an auto loan.

And for the record, I didn't say Credit Cards are a good thing. I said there is nothing wrong with carrying one as long as the interest rate is low and you use it sparingly.

This country pretty much runs on Credit anyways.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Unless you can save up $25000 in cash and buy a car outright and not need to take an auto loan..
thats my point exactly....if a person doesnt have 10 credit card payments going out each month....they CAN save money to buy a car cash......and depending on your salary, you would be really surprised to see that it really wouldn't take long to save 25K although i would never spend that on a car.
All I was trying to say is that Credit cards are not a good thing....And if I can help someone from making the same young & stupid mistakes i made I'm gonna do it.

I'll put it to you like this..... If I had some good fianancial guidance when I was younger and stayed away from buying a new $30 -$40 thousand vehicles every 2 or 3 years ...My house would be paid for right now....IN FULL!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought my bike and gear with it, and haven't used it since. I'll pay the bike off in about another three months to avoid the interest tho.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts