Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anybody have a contact number for the Ceo of Honda (Motorcycle division) or a name? I had died weight dealing with there poor customer service from a filling a complaint against a Stealership who performed unsatisfaction work:retard:. I Called customer service and they didn't bother to do a follow up. When i called and questioned the Overall outcome in this sitaution they mentioned we don't normally call customers back. Whats the point in having a customer service deptment if they can't handle the customer request.After dealing with this I'll never purchase a Car or Motorcycle again from them. I've dealt with Toyota before on a similar issue 5 year back and they took care of my issues very well. Honda on the otherhand has crappy approach for dealing with issues and a Poor dealership network in the Metro Atlanta area and this is my last bike from them.

Rant over LOL

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Dealerships suck, i wish i had all the skills to do my own work, instead i joined a local forum and found some private mechanics who do great work, just a suggestion!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealerships suck, i wish i had all the skills to do my own work, instead i joined a local forum and found some private mechanics who do great work, just a suggestion!

Thanks I think your right do your own work:cruising:. My friend mentioned his Honda Stealership In Texas has the same issues sometimes as well. I have a good Mechanic that I found who repaired the Coolant leak that a certified Honda Mechanic couldn't find so I question Honda Tech's in general (shadey). Im not sure about your area but I wanted to take into another Dealership before I took it to this Problem One and they wanted the bike for 4 week's. I was like ah Not going to be out of a bike for 4 weeks "ah No".

·
Registered
991 Posts
Honda makes great machines, they will last forever. However, a dealership is a dealership. Just about anyone on this forum will tell you to stay the hell away from them. I trust the machine from the factory, but I dont trust the local rich guy who decided to open a motorcycle store because there was a market for it and he has some spare cash lying around.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Thanks I think your right do your own work:cruising:. My friend mentioned his Honda Stealership In Texas has the same issues sometimes as well. I have a good Mechanic that I found who repaired the Coolant leak that a certified Honda Mechanic couldn't find so I question Honda Tech's in general (shadey). Im not sure about your area but I wanted to take into another Dealership before I took it to this Problem One and they wanted the bike for 4 week's. I was like ah Not going to be out of a bike for 4 weeks "ah No".
what i try and do is become friends with the mechanics that work on my bike and do it as a side job and have them let me help or atleast watch so i can learn and eventually i can do all my own work

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Honda makes great machines, they will last forever. However, a dealership is a dealership. Just about anyone on this forum will tell you to stay the hell away from them. I trust the machine from the factory, but I dont trust the local rich guy who decided to open a motorcycle store because there was a market for it and he has some spare cash lying around.

I agree Honda makes Great Machines thus why i made the purchase. I do question the service centered ( 1 800 number). There overall business leadership sucks to put it mildly. I can't get over backing a Dealership that lied about everything they didn't do. Sadly in this case your right some Local Rich a Hole that doesn't put customers need's above his net profit but then again thats why I am in the process on taking this to small claims court :cruising::cruising:. I already made a complaint to the BBB and that's on record.

I'll report the ending case later on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
:+1: on the dealership bash. they're whole purpose is to take as long as possible for labor and get you back as many times as possible. the only thing i will go to a dealer for is issues that can be dealt with warranty or something i couldnt possibly do myself like split the case or rear shock work. there's something about learnign whatever you need yourself and saying :fyou: to tech. educated dealership mechanics

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
so i would like to know what the problem is...what did they do to piss you off so bad other then have crappy customer service..

Case in point I had a coolant leak coming from the left fairing. I mentioned to this Dealership when the bike sits for long period of time there is a puddle from under the left side ( should be warrenty repair ). Bike was taken in there shop and the findings concluded the coolant reserve tank on the right hand side was Overfilled and the coolant stained the tank in the inside (highly unlikely overfilled more i think about this).
Wile the conclusion seemed on paper like they performed a pressure test nothing was found or so they claimed but they did overtightened Hoses and cracked it to the point it was over tighten. Leak returned in the same spot 5 Mo's later and Dealership refused to look at the other mechanic Tech notes mentioning they should have found the leak in the therm area. The tech notes mentioned this leak has been present a long time and there was a crusty coolant trail to the the thermostat area. The leak was repaired a second time and new O ring seal's (2) were replaced and this was the problem they couldn't find. I question the Integrity as a whole this leak has been fixed from a Non Honda service department and the morons who looked at my bike didn't do much. I had a few other issues when I picked it up as well they accidentally overcharged my account too but fixed it when I noticed it.

Honda Corp was called and they did nothing not impressed with them either :banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
yeah they are bitch tards....my buddy has a 08 1krr that only had 2000miles and all of the sudden it is leaking coolant when the bike sits over night. so he takes it up to the honda dealer and they tell him it is normal to leak coolant....but my question is if it is normal then why hasnt it done it from day one? so needless to say they didnt even look at and it still under warrenty. so we call around to the other three honda dealers to have them look at it and they said that they have a two to three week waiting time to even look at it. and then if they have to fix it, it would be antoher two weeks....so i agree honda dealerships suck nuts...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yeah they are bitch tards....my buddy has a 08 1krr that only had 2000miles and all of the sudden it is leaking coolant when the bike sits over night. so he takes it up to the honda dealer and they tell him it is normal to leak coolant....but my question is if it is normal then why hasnt it done it from day one? so needless to say they didnt even look at and it still under warrenty. so we call around to the other three honda dealers to have them look at it and they said that they have a two to three week waiting time to even look at it. and then if they have to fix it, it would be antoher two weeks....so i agree honda dealerships suck nuts...

Same deal I had 3 to 4 weeks in the Metro Atlanta area. I have to say from the service side i'm glad mine is off warrenty Because I will No longer return to a Honda Stealership for work. learned this the hard way sadly. Wait times like this are in sane I can understand if parts are ordered but simple stuff like this shouldn't require 3 weeks Let's get real.

Have your friend check out the seal's it's a knowen Honda issue from what im told.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Want to talk about crap service?

Since I bought my bike new from a dealer (Stroud Honda of Greensboro - now closed surprise surprise) I had issues with the fuel pump sometimes not priming. The first year I had my back I brought it to them on three separate occasions and left it with them for atleast a week each time so they could try to replicate the problem. They couldn't replicate it so they couldn't repair it, which is cool, I understand that. They told me that every time they walked past it they tried to start it (to replicate the problem).

WELL, my problem steams from the last time I had my bike there. I was out of town but called the dealership and arranged for a friend to pick it up because he was going to take it elsewhere to have it looked at. I received a call from the head of the tech department FIVE days later telling me that unfortunately they still hadn't been able to replicate the problem and that they would keep trying. This is when I realized leaving my bike there was little better than parking it in a garage for a week.

Needless to say, I never went back there again.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Same deal I had 3 to 4 weeks in the Metro Atlanta area. I have to say from the service side i'm glad mine is off warrenty Because I will No longer return to a Honda Stealership for work. learned this the hard way sadly. Wait times like this are in sane I can understand if parts are ordered but simple stuff like this shouldn't require 3 weeks Let's get real.

Have your friend check out the seal's it's a knowen Honda issue from what im told.
what seals are you talking about and were are they at?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts