Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is no good. In fact it is the worst it has been in a long time and it is steadily going down hill.
My 2007 CBR1000rr has been in the shop for 3 months "this time" It has been through 5 stators, regulators, 6 batteries and flywheels in 9600 miles.
I have the bike at a power house dealership now after Action powersports screwed me out of $300.oo when the bike is covered under warranty. Honda was part of the screwing.
Now it is Here and this is what's going on.

Well Al Lambs Honda is being great!
Honda is not.
My bike has all the new parts installed but they don't want to give me the bike back because they know, "just like we all do" that it will just toast the stator again. Ted the service manager is being very persistent with honda on getting a wiring harness. Honda is just dragging there feet.
I called Matt "The Honda CSR who has been handling my case" and while he was feeding me another line of ******** I interrupted him. I told him that I am fed up with Hondas lack of customer service and that my bike needs to be fixed and fixed now. Every time Matt tried to get a word in I would stop him and go on about how I am loosing money in both paying for a bike I don't have but I am also loosing money by not being able to use my bike to film and make DVD's for my customers. I told Matt I expect to be fully reimbursed for all the money I have lost due to Hondas incompetence. I also mentioned that this bike is my primary source of transportation and i am riding a mountain bike to work in 104 degree Texas heat.. which I have been doing for 3 months now. I also informed Matt that this entire issue with my bike has been posted on 5 major Honda websites and it is being followed very closely by thousands of honda owners and potential customers.
I will do everything in my power to get the word out about Hondas **** service.

Ted at Al Lambs says it may be up to another week before my bike is ready.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
sounds like you got a lemon of a bike...but on the customer service note, I LOVE my Honda's but HATE my local Honda shop, I buy anything I need online or at the local Suzuki or Yamaha shop. I've bought my atv from them but then went outta town to buy my bike

·
Registered
903 Posts
You might want to check with the State Attorney's office or ?? to find out if there is a "Lemon Law" in Texas, and if it would apply to a motorcycle or not. If there is such a law, then follow their advice on how to proceed. If no Lemon Law in place, try and get the advice of a competent attorney..........hell, just try to find a competent attorney!!! Sorry, that's the best I can do.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
You might want to check with the State Attorney's office or ?? to find out if there is a "Lemon Law" in Texas, and if it would apply to a motorcycle or not. If there is such a law, then follow their advice on how to proceed. If no Lemon Law in place, try and get the advice of a competent attorney..........hell, just try to find a competent attorney!!! Sorry, that's the best I can do.
:+1:There is a lemon law in texas, def. worth checking into
http://tx-lemon-law.com/Texas-lemon-law-information.htm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have the lemon law packet. By law I must give Honda one more chance to repair the problem. If it breaks down again then I can proceed. It never should have gone this far to begin with though.
I love my Honda, it's the customer service and the way they treat there warranty and recall problems. They are right there to answer any questions when you are thinking of purchasing a bike/atv but as soon as you have a problem.... they ignore you, lie to you, and do the least possible amount of work to help you.

Who else has had problems with Hondas Customer service.... Or even if you had a good experience I think we all need to hear both sides, so please share.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the problems your having. I never had to take my bike in for warranty work but I do agree that Honda customer service sucks. I bought a 1000rr a few years back and the dealer royally screwed me (as well as other customers). They charged me for a $1,500 warranty that i never requested and refused to remove the charge. I complained to the BBB, Honda, and consumer affairs. Honda sent me a letter that bascially said, sorry but dealers are operated independently and we dont have control over them?
Eventually the dealership actually got shut down but probably beause of BBB complaints and bad service. Honda just wants to sell you their stuff but it doesnt seem like they care at all about servicing their existing customers.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Honda customer service indeeds blows (at least local).... I will never use them again. Nor would I purchase anything from them again. But I love honda however I would rather drive out of town to pick a bike up from another dealer. In short the locals can kiss my unshaved :bootyshak.

:crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
i've had issues with Honda too and will not be purchasing there products in the future. I was thinking about there Ridgeline and buying that but No way in hell now because there service sucks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the problems your having. I never had to take my bike in for warranty work but I do agree that Honda customer service sucks. I bought a 1000rr a few years back and the dealer royally screwed me (as well as other customers). They charged me for a $1,500 warranty that i never requested and refused to remove the charge. I complained to the BBB, Honda, and consumer affairs. Honda sent me a letter that bascially said, sorry but dealers are operated independently and we dont have control over them?
Eventually the dealership actually got shut down but probably beause of BBB complaints and bad service. Honda just wants to sell you their stuff but it doesnt seem like they care at all about servicing their existing customers.

I was told the same Bs and I mentioned to them well because you can't control your stealership then Im not going to be a repeat buyer It's that simple. I personally can not understand why Honda has a customer service center when they don't do **** in calling customer's back when problems arise. I was told usually when You file a complaint Honda does not call back (WTF) and when i asked who is the Owner My dealership I couldn't get that information yet it was easy online to Obtain. Honda needs to get with the program and provide top notch customer service there failing right now.

This is my Rant from Honda
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=192467

1 - 10 of 10 Posts