Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I looked at a low milage ZX-6R today 9still trying to decide to go CBR600RR or ZX-6R for my first bike). It was a 07 with under 1k miles, owned by a guy who is deployed. Anyway, first thign I noticed once started was the engine noise. A CBR600RR is very smooth sounding. This, while it was very smooth and we had it idleing for around 10 minutes had a very noticable tick. Is this normal?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am a newb. Thank you for your very helpful reply. I should have been born with the information you have collected over the years.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you are right, chastising someone for having an obvious lack of information is a much better approach.

Maybe another picture would help?

·
Registered
939 Posts
now now settle down, not sure if this will be any help but perhaps you should find a friend that knows about bikes and get their advice? If I was in your position, thats what I'd do..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Teedubyaw, please do not post any more in this thread. I do not find your information very helpful. That said I this place is a great resource of information usually for even beginner riders. Everyone starts out not knowing anything. I enjoy places like this where I can speak to people with more knowledge then myself on many issues and receive helpful, constructive responses.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Teedubyaw, please do not post any more in this thread.

:crackup:Don't take my subtle advice -- it doesn't bother me. Enjoy being an intimidated newb on a race replica bike struggling to become a better rider. Enjoy dropping your financed, 7 thousand dollar bike. Maybe in a year or so, you'll realize you should have listened to the advice of an experienced rider for a slight second instead of being an ignorant, close minded fool.

·
Registered
939 Posts
i'm pretty sure that tick is normal, my bike ticks.

...with that being said, i wouldnt pay too much attention to the guys saying get a 250,
as long as you have self control you'll be fine on a 600. its all in the wrist.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
i'm pretty sure that tick is normal, my bike ticks.

...with that being said, i wouldnt pay too much attention to the guys saying get a 250,
as long as you have self control you'll be fine on a 600. its all in the wrist.

thats where i belive your wrong, its not JUST about throttle control, sure thats a huge part of it...

but do me this favor, hop on a 250, and your 600, and see which puts you on your ass faster when you grab to much brake ... (i doubt the 250 would dump you, the 600 will pitch you over the bars or drop the front end like a bad habbit)

also, which gets more pissy when the bike gets upset in the corner? ... i really dont know the answer to this one, but i bet its the 600... maybe ajay can help with that answer?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I like you, tenjin.
yea, i just think its retarted to think that learning to ride a bike on any thing that out performs many of the best cars made in the world today..

i say this from experience, i learned on a 01 r1 in 2k3 .... damn near killed my self a few times from stupid newb mistakes (its funny how high up a front end can go when you downshift and give it to much throttle)

·
Registered
939 Posts
.....i hate these fkn debates about this sh!t.

if some1 is dumb enough to get on something and not learn about every aspect of it before going 100% then yes, you are an idiot.

and yes i agree with you, its a mental state of mind.

with that being said teedubyaw answer the question or stfu! let the man do what he wants.

im done with thread

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

:crackup:Don't take my subtle advice -- it doesn't bother me. Enjoy being an intimidated newb on a race replica bike struggling to become a better rider. Enjoy dropping your financed, 7 thousand dollar bike. Maybe in a year or so, you'll realize you should have listened to the advice of an experienced rider for a slight second instead of being an ignorant, close minded fool.
Thanks but I wont be financing, im also not some a-hole kid who wants to do 150MPH and split traffic. I am a new motorcycle rider but not some hot headed kid. Heck, for all you know I fly 2nd seat on a F/A-18 (I do not).

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Thanks but I wont be financing, im also not some a-hole kid who wants to do 150MPH and split traffic. I am a new motorcycle rider but not some hot headed kid. Heck, for all you know I fly 2nd seat on a F/A-18 (I do not).
lol, just busting your balls with this one, but if you where second seat on a F/A-18 that would only mean your going to be the 150 mph traffic splitter ;)

but the concern about a modern 600, is that until you learn to be smooth, they can and will bite you in the ass, and throw you on the pavement

the speed thing, even the most experienced have a tendency to do that....

but things like "oh ****, that car cut me off" *grab brakes* if you don't do it right, you just trashed the plastics on your baby, and wrecked your skin or gear, cause you just went sliding.

these things out accelerate the best Ferrari, and are capable of stopping faster than them as well, but because of their dimensions they also will rotate the bike further than the suspension can contain (endo, or wheelie)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol, just busting your balls with this one, but if you where second seat on a F/A-18 that would only mean your going to be the 150 mph traffic splitter ;)

but the concern about a modern 600, is that until you learn to be smooth, they can and will bite you in the ass, and throw you on the pavement

the speed thing, even the most experienced have a tendency to do that....

but things like "oh ****, that car cut me off" *grab brakes* if you don't do it right, you just trashed the plastics on your baby, and wrecked your skin or gear, cause you just went sliding.

these things out accelerate the best Ferrari, and are capable of stopping faster than them as well, but because of their dimensions they also will rotate the bike further than the suspension can contain (endo, or wheelie)
I agree with everything you said. I like the idea of having something I can grow into. Am I going to be good at first? No. Am I going to lay the bike down at some point in time? Yes. Plastics and gear can get as trashed as possible, as long as I’m ok, they have server their purpose.

The whole point of this thread was asking about an engine noise, not debating the merits of buying bike A or bike B. I appreciate the constructive replies from you guys out there with more knowledge then I have. As far as the school yard name calling, pointing out the guy who does not know his stuff, please take it elsewhere.

I am active on many forums, swing on over to the SIGForum and post a question. I promise I won’t ridicule you because you don’t know how to rack a slide. Everyone starts somewhere. I am starting here at the tender age of 30.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts