Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I've Got A Fever
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got some problems with getting my license back :roll: (I'll discuss if anyone's interested). I was wondering if Honda Finance will let you cancel insurance on your bike if you are gonna store it for a long period of time, like more than 6 months. What use is there to insure it if you can't ride it. Anyone know :?:

P.S. F*ck the DMV, anyone who works for them can go straight to hell. :twisted:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a severe doubt that Honda is going to let you get away with still financing your bike without insurance.

You should check with your company, and see if they will let you put it in storage, but I'm not sure Honda will even let you get away with that?

Maybe they wont even check.....drop your insurance, or reduce it to liability only, and they may never know about it.

On my first bike, I had to drop the insurance because the price was outragous, and I still ened up riding it for a couple months before I sold it, and I never heard a word from my bank......Right or wrong, its what I did and got away with, but Honda my check for things like that a little more often than a hometown bank.....

Either way GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
86 Posts
It depends if Honda asks for proof of ins. I know with credit unions if you dont
show proof they will insure the bike themselfs and add this to your bike payment.

·
Registered
496 Posts
If you cancel they will contact the lein holder and they will provide ins at your cost added to payment . Its usually around $190 a month. OUCHHHHH

H

·
0 Posts
you can try to drop it.... i know people that bought bikes and only had liability on them... and they did finance.... try it out and see what happens...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Most lien holders require a minimum amount of coverage regardless if you are riding the bike or not. And a letter to the lien holder is sent whenever there is a change in the policy. This includes changes in limits, cancellation due to non payment and policy cancellation by the policy holder.

Typically it is comprehensive insurance they require you to carry. This type of insurance covers, normally, fire, theft, vanalisim. Basically anything NON-collision related. Also liability should only be needed if the bike is being ridden. There are no liability risks if the bike is in storage.

Best bet........ Call Honda Finance and ask them what the minimum amount of coverage is required for a bike that is in storage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts