Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Cripes! What the hell happen? You in a hurry or somethin'?

Have fun drilling that out. =[

Jason

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
what exaclty are we looking at

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
now i hope you were useing the right size tool for that lol... that sucks it happend to me once

K

·
0 Posts
kinda looks like the wrong size tool for the job...

either that or he used a drill to get it out! LOL!

Use ScrewOuts from Sears. $20 and indespensable.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
J3rmz731 said:
Looks like a completely stripped allen head bolt.
sorry about that yes... where. and how on earth does that happen. ez outs are your best option now. work like a charm

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the 5MM allen bolt on the left side panel. I stripped it by not paying attention while I was taking it out and really screwed it up. Now I'll have to try the EZ outs or just drill it out. I do have a replacement, thankfully.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
its ok man... **** happens you'll get it out just take your time

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Just get some needlenose pliars and grab the outside of the screw really freakin' hard and twist. Or use needle nose vice grips. Do they even make needle nose vice grips? They should.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Johnny Candles said:
It's the 5MM allen bolt on the left side panel. I stripped it by not paying attention while I was taking it out and really screwed it up. .
Explain how this is Honda's fault? lol.. Ive never stripped an allen screw, infact if your using the right size key I dont even see how thats possible. i did however strip one of the plastic windscreen screws because the preious owner tightened it down too much.. but that was plastic..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TOMIMOTO said:
Just get some needlenose pliars and grab the outside of the screw really freakin' hard and twist. Or use needle nose vice grips. Do they even make needle nose vice grips? They should.
They do!

4x4600rr said:
honda uses metric man..... time to smash in a torx bit and get her out
Yeah I have a torx bit set and I'm going to try that. If not I'll drill it out.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
i don't think anyone said it was honda's fault. i replaced my windscreen bolts with metal screws of the allen head nature. lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
Get a chissel and make a deep line into it and twist off with a flat head screwdriver.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts