Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...my dad just got a VTX1800 2005 and wanted to get Cobra pipes put on it. I was curious if he is going to need to get a power commander on there or if he will be ok without one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Silp on....Not essential but well worth the investment.
Full system.. Essential

·
Registered
639 Posts
You could just put the pipes on, without the PCIII. But, if you install a hypercharger, or different airbox/filter, it would be recommended. The VTX1800 responds very, very well to a decent map with a PCIII.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
yep, I've done a few cruisers and they really do go way better with mapping, slip ons or systems, don't matter. On top of that, most cruiser guys want the best fuel economy possible and the PC will get that for them andmore. Hope this helps

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Tell your dad to forget the Cobra pipes for that bike and look into the BUBS pipes instead....That is the best sounding exhaust that I have ever heard on a VTX 1800.
I'm trying to get my brother to put them on his VTX.
Hard Chrome also makes some sick pipes for VTX and cruisers.
Forget Cobra, I can tell you from personal experience that Cobra products are booty!!

I know 3 people with VTX 1800's (not including my bro) 1 of them have the Vance & Hines with a K&N and the other 2 have the BUBS with a K&N and none of them are using power commanders and all 3 bikes are running great!!!
I wouldn't worry about a Power Commander unless the bike is running like crap.

Its a bad azz bike!! SOOOO Much Power! tell your dad , good luck with it!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I wouldn't worry about pipes unless I was gonna map it right for them, but that's me. LOL Like I said, the VTX's and cruisers in general gain lots with mapping, not just in H.P, but economy, rideability, stopping them from pinging down low, popping real bad on decel etc etc. I've heard plenty of guys say there bike is fine and don't need jack, until they see the difference and then wonder why they didn't do it earlier. Trust me, while they think their bike is going great now, wait til one has their mapped and then ask how it went before. haha Anyway Let us know how he goes

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah...ill keep you posted. Here's a picture when he first got the bike a couple months ago. I LOVE the thing...its got balls too. I was really surprised about how fast it was. One day ill definitely have one of these. SUCH a HUGE upgrade from his Kawi Vulcan 750.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
CHEWKNOW said:
Yeah...ill keep you posted. Here's a picture when he first got the bike a couple months ago. I LOVE the thing...its got balls too. I was really surprised about how fast it was. One day ill definitely have one of these. SUCH a HUGE upgrade from his Kawi Vulcan 750.
No doubt bro...When I got to ride my brothers I had no idea what to expect....that bike is just amazing. It's just the perfect cruiser IMO
It's a power whore!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts