Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
another bike wont start...sort of.....its in the dealership and they cant fix my bike? WTF...it starts but keeps shutting down? they`ve done everything...even contacted tech support...so ermmm do you guys know what is wrong with it?as ive got a headache now...just to let you know the have plugged in their gadget thing to read all the info and its fine..theyve changed all relays with new and it still shuts down.....the fuel pump primes ..the bike starts but after a few minutes stops,,,and then you can start it again...the battery is charged...ecu has been changed and still it shuts down.....connetors alll cleaned>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>they have had it a WEEK now

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
yea, it must be useless that they cant figgure out what ammounts to a very complicated machine when it breaks oddly

shame on honda.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Ask them to check the fuel flow rate, if its only just not keeping up it will take a little while for the pressure to drop to the point the bike stalls. Re-prime it and the problem magically goes away.

If I'm right a new fuel pump will have you sorted.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Nico you beat me to it. Note dealer so members avoid this location.
Fuel pump/pressure sounds like the problem. Older bike, older gas. Ethanol is bad, very bad.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Nico you beat me to it. Note dealer so members avoid this location.
Fuel pump/pressure sounds like the problem. Older bike, older gas. Ethanol is bad, very bad.
:crackup::crackup:

:+1: Don't use ethanol...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
07 model..i use petrol lol

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive had my fuel pump tested, and i got told its fine?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
How about the injectors ?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Fuel spark or electrical, there are only so many things that will make a bike stop running while it's going. For it to start,die and restart over and over still leads to the fuel pump. Has enough to get it started but not enough to keep it going. They tested it to see that it turned on or they tested while it was running?
Could always look down while running to see if the injectors are shooting fuel while it's going. T

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a similar problem on an '05. As soon as I let go of the starter, it would die. Turns out it was a bad ground contact. Not exactly the same symptoms, but close. May be worth a try.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Fuel spark or electrical, there are only so many things that will make a bike stop running while it's going. For it to start,die and restart over and over still leads to the fuel pump. Has enough to get it started but not enough to keep it going. They tested it to see that it turned on or they tested while it was running?
Could always look down while running to see if the injectors are shooting fuel while it's going. T

yeah bro, from th brief description Im thinking low pressure in the fuel pump, but I would think they would have tested that or put a regulator on it, by now,

had to throw the air filter out there, as maybe its so damn clogged it can suck the initial start but idle is impossible,

hopefully we get to find out,

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
pinched vent line from the tank?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
put your bike in my workshop and it will get sorted out!!

sounds like a fuel issue for sure. as soon as it dies try to start it again. dont let the fuel pump prime up first. also check your oil because if you have an injector stuck open you may not be retaining the proper line pressure starving the rest of the engine of fuel.
thats very rare but possible.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
put your bike in my workshop and it will get sorted out!!

sounds like a fuel issue for sure. as soon as it dies try to start it again. dont let the fuel pump prime up first. also check your oil because if you have an injector stuck open you may not be retaining the proper line pressure starving the rest of the engine of fuel.
thats very rare but possible.

what the hell does his oil have to do with fuel line pressure? they are not even remotely connected?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
what the hell does his oil have to do with fuel line pressure? they are not even remotely connected?

if his injector is staying open it will wash gasoline down into the crankcase. you can drain some oil out and feel and smell if there is gas in the oil.

EDIT: everything is connected... eventually...

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
if his injector is staying open it will wash gasoline down into the crankcase. you can drain some oil out and feel and smell if there is gas in the oil.

EDIT: everything is connected... eventually...

in this instance, not nearly enough gas would be getting there, as its burning off a bunch

and if it were to be so much fuel to cause dilution of his oil, the motor would be hydrolocking, and he would have far bigger problems, like bent rods

and the motor would and will still operate on 3 cylinders

your theory does make sense, but its barely even close to being a remote possibility and would be the last thing of about 400 things i would be worried about.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
There are no "HONDA certified motorcycle mechanics" motorcycle mechanics are trained very universally I.E. all makes.

Wish they did like they do there car tech's with the Honda pact training and so on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts