Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Can someone please help me clarify what model NSR250 this is?
It has been advertised as a 1997 year model, but I don't think it is a MC28 because the person selling it said it doesn't come with a smart/key card.

From the swingarm, I think its a MC21.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
MC21 definitely, MC28 has pro-arm rear suspension.

·
Registered
655 Posts
how can i

How can i get one of those here in the states?
Are they leagle here?
How much do they go for?
Would love to get one for my daughter

·
Registered
184 Posts
it is a 21. the 21 has the gull arm swingarm. i believe that the only factory nsr with the repsol paint was the 28, so the one pictured has been repainted. nsr's are pretty rare in the states. they are grey market imports, meaning they were never imported into the united states by honda. if you are intending to use the bike on the street, find one that is registered and titled as it may be very difficult or impossible to do the same in your particular state, although there are "ways" to get around the obstacles. not an easy find either. for a good example, low mileage nsr mc21, expect to pay somewhere around $6500 or more. for the same in an mc28, i've seen them go for $9000. a lot of these bikes, especially the ones from japan, are horsepower restricted. but, there are ways to deristrict them thru wire splicing if done correctly. the mc21 is way easier to deristrict to get full power than the 28.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts